Chapter 6

2 months later
I had not too long after I received Quinn's gift, realized I loved him. Not in an attractive, beautiful love. My love for him was as pretty as love bound by self hatred could be. We had bonded over our similar issues, I tolerated him for his silence and he was infatuated with my tolerance. Again, how beautiful can It be? The realisation was instantaneous, but the process of telling him took a lifetime. I had struggled with my words, trying to not only convince him, but prove to him his love was no longer unacquainted, because after what happened it seemed like it would be hard to convince him. Every chance I could have taken, I didn't. Fear and nerves washed over me every time I opened my mouth in front of him, in fear I would think out loud as I often seemed to do. "Olivia?" Quinn drew me out of my thoughts. I looked up to him with the same tired face I wore. "Yes?"
"You should eat, dear. It's good for you." I nodded forcing a down a few bites of food. He smiled "Thank you." he spoke gently. "Are you ready to go?" I nodded glancing to the clock.
On our way back to our room for our free time I couldn't help but feel a weight pulling me lower. The more I carry love, the heavier it gets. My body was sore from carrying this weight in my arms constantly. Nobody could tell how long before my arms gave out.
    As Quinn and I stepped into the room, we were greeted by Dr. Carol, and Dr. Steven. There presence in the room was strange as doctors and nurses are rarely allowed to be inside patients rooms without permission, so the instance was confusing. "Hello Mr. Murillo." Dr. Carol spoke. Quinn nodded expectantly.
"There's no easy way to say
This-" Dr. Steven spoke before being cut off by Dr Carol.
"Your mother has requested you be moved the Shell Wood center in Washington for you to be closer to home than the one here in Los Angeles." My heart sank.
"What? No! You can't make me move away, I want to be here!"  Quinn said raising his voice. It's truly amazing how his voice could be so loud but sound so weak.
"Sir, I'm so very sorry." Dr. Carol spoke again lightly with no emotion. "Now Mr. Murillo, please pack your belongings and meet us, along with your mother in the lobby. The papers are signed and you are ready to be discharged." Dr. Steven spoke. before both the doctors quickly left. The room fell into an uneasy silence until Quinn pulled me into a hug. The dread that hung in the room was far too much, I don't know that either of us could successfully imagine feeling the same without each other. Tears flowed effortlessly down my cheeks as we said goodbye. When I pulled away I saw his eyes. I had seen so many things at Shell Wood, but I had never seen anything like what was in Quinn's eyes. It was emotion so far from sadness that it barely resembled it. I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw until he ripped his eyes away. The Center is able to discharge at a fast rate because papers only need a signature and patients are only allowed one suitcase. I tried to force myself to tell him I loved him, but the words refused to come out. As he picked up the ripped and torn suitcase he looked into my eyes. "I love you, don't forget that." With that the door slammed behind him. "I love you more." I whispered to myself. I wanted to leave as well. But where would I go? I had no money and neither did Quinn.

A/N: Sorry this is so so short! I'm going to be uploading a science fiction story soon, so stay tuned haha.