Chapter 2

I decided to change into the hospitals scrubs that had been issued to each patient. When I had finished I saw myself in the mirror for the first time in a while. I had avoided every reflective surface I could. My cheek bones were much more prominent, my face in general was skinnier, along with the rest of my body. My red hair was longer than it had ever been and became tangled and matted. My pale skin seemed to be faded, even the freckles blended into my skin tone. I exhaled a shaky breath and exited the bathroom heading to my bed. Before I had even realized, I had fallen asleep.

I was awoken by a light tap to my shoulder. "Miss Olivia?" I grumbled before turning to see an old nurse in light green scrubs. "It's time for dinner love." I noticed the clock which read '6:24' I looked to the opposite side of the room- my roommate was missing. I sat up and met the nurses sweet eyes.  "You need to take these dear." She quietly spoke handing me a small cup with two green pills. When I swallowed the pills the nurse lead me to the cafeteria.

When I entered the room I wasn't surprised with the appearance, as it looked similar to the rest of the hospital. The cafeteria was a plain empty room with white tables, chairs and a stainless steel kitchen in the back. After I gathered my food I glanced around the room full of people for a place to sit. I didn't feel like having to speak, so strangers wouldn't be a good option for me. That's when I took note of empty seats around my roommate. I cautiously walked over and placed myself next to him.

"Hey." I huffed attempting to get a name or even a reply, but to no avail. I wasn't surprised or disappointed that I had been ignored, but rather confused as why I asked to begin with as it seemed so unlike me. I glanced around the room, everyone was so different. Some people looked lost, desperate,or scared while in the same room some even wore a smile. I tore my eyes from the people around me and looked down at my plate. I prodded it before going and throwing away the wasted food.

Day after day was the same. Breakfast, outdoors time, therapy, lunch, free time, therapy, dinner, bed. Day in and day out, I felt the same empty feeling for every single day. It wasn't until 3 weeks into my stay that something had changed for me. I plopped my dinner down next to my quiet as ever roommate and heard a weak mumble. I looked to my right and met his eyes. The blue orbs stared into mine until I heard him speak "Hello Olivia, my name is Quinn. I have agoraphobia and general crippling anxiety."  He said straight into his lap with a monotone pitch.

          "Why have you only talked to me now?" I questioned in the same voice. I was confused as to why he would introduce himself by informing me of his condition. His eyes met mine once again and he spoke

" I was nervous." He shrugged slightly. "I like you, you don't speak to me all that often, and you respect my privacy, nobody has ever done that." he said even quieter. "Especially not here. My silence and I were so unbearable to other room mates, they requested to move rooms as soon as 3 days in. That had happened 6 times." he continued. I was at a loss for words. I wish he knew that I hadn't had the will for anything other than hello. "There's a familiarity about you..." he drifted off. I gulped not sure if I would regret the next words from my mouth but I decided to speak anyway after I looked at Quinn's wide eyes and anxious features that had been staring at the cafeteria table.

"Would you like to talk about it?" I once again asked in a plain voice. He nodded his head and so we headed off to our room in complete silence. As I shut the door we both sat on my bed with a foot between us. He broke the silence

"I have been here for over four months and despite the medicine, the therapy and the environment, nobody has helped me as much as you..." my eyes widened as he said that, I have said no more than 13 different words to him and I am responsible for his change. "I'm sorry Olivia I shouldn't have..." he spoke nervously shuffling.

"It's okay Quinn" I spoke in a soft voice. He nodded "I'm going to bed now" Quinn spoke sliding off of my bed and into his own.

A/N: Yay chapter 2! Its a couple hundred words longer I believe! Next chapter by tomorrow(hopefully)