«Chapter 8:» The Deal with the Devil

[A/N: *casually walks in with tea cup on hand* Hi please don't kill me just because I semi-abandoned the book.

Don't worry, it's time to save Ree!
Because..its been.. a year.. oof

(and holy shit, 750+ reads?? I wasn't expecting this kind of development oh wow)

And I shit you not, my writing changed I guess so.. it's not much but it's an honest work..

And I'm writing while dying from the hot temperature that
Philippines has.. pls save my soul

The first few paragraphs are old so it will drastically change after it lol and I'll be adding Chapter Names]

«Ree's P.O.V

As I gain consciousness, I found myself stuck in the container, but it was moving. I blinked twice and found out that I can finally move again.

I was about to spawn a TNT when the container stopped suddenly, making me lose balance and yelp.

"What the heck is going on?" I asked to myself as I scanned the place, the walls were made by obsidian as the redstone torches illuminates the somewhat dark room.

There were piston, command blocks and redstone anywhere on the floor. The redstone activated once again, as the container starts to move.

I can't spawn a TNT.. I will just die. Its not worth it. I'm stuck in this miserable place.

I sat on the ground as I watched the container slowly move, I hugged my knees and rest my head on it. I'm pathetic.

I guess they're happy that they finally found a mob for the important drops right? Hmm.. It's their fault for the decreasing of population of the harmful mobs.

The farm mobs are fine but the hostile mobs?

It's horrible.

We also have our perspective about this. And, we're not the only one with an obtainable gunpowder source. I only have few drops of it. So it's not worth it.

But.. few is already important for them.. does this mean.. that I'm going to die..?

Die.. the word I wasn't expecting to say at times like this. I don't want to die.. I still have many things I want to do! And places I want to go!

What would I do——

What would Ender do?

"Sorry sir, we can't provide another creeper since our other scavenging team went home with empty hands."

I looked up in surprise to see the man in my nightmares, staring back at me with those menacing eyes that are ready to kill my hope.

Steve.

"Any other species? A hybrid is interesting as it is. Remember the blaze-ghast hybrid at Sector N?" Steve suggested at the other male who looks like a mage or something.

The male shook his head with a saddened frown.
"Our last hostile mobs has been sent into our mob farm. It's too late for you to send the delivery back at this place."

I heard Steve sighed. "I see." he looked down the ground with disappointment.
But soon, his face lit up and then faced at me. I felt terrified at his eyes, as if he was scheming something.