Family secrets part 2

I kept thinking about what I was gonna tell her. She was on her way but what was I gonna say. Should I lie. I know I should be honest but is it in my best interest. I heard a car drive up and a door open and close.

"I thought you didn't have a car"

"It's my moms"

I didn't look back. She came and sat next to me.

"What's wrong"

"My life has been a complete lie. Well I guess it wasn't a complete lie because I never actually knew what my father did but now that I know. I feel betrayed. We have money and lots of it but it's all illegal"

"Reece what do you mean"

"Kelley I don't know if I should tell you this"

"Reece you can trust me"

"Kel I trust you. I trust you with my freaking life"

"Then what is it"

"My dad"

"What about him"

"He's basically a drug lord"

"What do you mean he's a drug lord"

"He sells drugs and guns and then has guys carry out the shipments"

It was quiet.

"I know"

I got up and I started walking. I heard Kelley get up and then I heard footsteps.

"Speedy wait"

I turned around.

"Hey I love you no matter what your parents do. That's your parents business and honestly I don't care."

She grabbed my hands and looked at me. Then she pulled me in for a hug and whispered in my ear.

"It's gonna be ok"

I broke down. I couldn't help but cry. Kelley held me and she didn't let go. We sat down and she didn't stop holding me. She stroked my hair. After a while I laid down and put my head in her lap. We stayed like that all night until Kelley spoke up.

"Speedy. I think we should get going. If you want you can sleep at my house"

"I would love to but I think I should go home and talk to my parents."

"Ok but if anything happens call me. Ok?"

"Ok"

She dropped me off at my house and said by. I walked in and my parents were both sitting on the couch in the living room. They bath looked up and walked towards me. I held my hands up telling them to stop.

"It's ok. I'm ok. I won't tell anyone"

I walked upstairs and went to my room and I just went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm clock. I barely got any sleep last night. I walked downstairs but didn't find anyone. There was a note on the kitchen table.

Mija,
Your father and I had some business to attend to. We won't be back until next week. Your brother can get to and from school and his friends mom can take him to his lacrosse. I love you and I'm sorry.
-Tú madre

I ate my breakfast and grabbed my keys. I drove to kelleys house and honked but she didn't come out. I turned off the car and walked into her house. I said hello to mrs. O'Hara and walked upstairs. I went into kelleys room and sure enough she was still sleeping. I walked over towards her and shook her a little.

"Hey kel it's time to wake up we have to go to school"

She turned over and grabbed my arm and pulled me down towards her. She wrapped her arms around me. I smiled. I wish I could stay here forever but we really need to get to school and I need my coffee and I know Kelley is gonna need some too.

"Kel"

"Kel"

"KEL"

With that she woke up and threw me off the bed. I hit my shoulder on the floor. She looked over the side.

"I am so sorry" she said while trying to hold back laughter.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Just get dressed."

I walked downstairs.

"Oh Reece why don't you come sit down while Kelley is getting ready"

"Ok"

I walked over to the kitchen and sat down.

"Do you want anything to eat. I have cookies."

"I would love a cookie. Thanks"

She handed me a cookie and someone walked down that stairs I thought it was Kelley but it was someone else that resembled Kelley. She walked into the kitchen and looked at me.

"Ohh who are you"

"Oh my names Reece. I'm the neighbor"

"Ohh your the one Kelley can't stop talking about. I'm Erin by the way"

"Erin nice to meet you. So what does Kelley say about me"

"Oh she adores you. Your like he-"

"ERIN SHUT UP, Reece let's go"

Kelley ran into the kitchen grabbed some food, grabbed my hand and led me towards the car.

"Your sister is really nice"

"Yeah she talks a lot though"

"Yeah I think it might run in the family"

She smacked my arm and we made our way towards the school.