Gunned down

"Reece I need your help"

Oh no why was he calling. I know I said he could but this could be something bad.

"Yeah Joao"

"I need to flee Costa Rica. The police here caught up with me."

"And so you want to come here."

"I don't have anywhere else to go."

"Alright alright how soon can you get to LA."

1 hour later

I'm back at the apartment cuddling with Kelley. I haven't told her about Joao yet. He gets here tomorrow and I don't know how she's gonna take it.

"Hey kel."

"Yeah babe"

"Uhh is it ok if one of my friends stays here for a couple days."

"I mean I guess as long as they don't hit on you."

"Oh kel I love you."

I kissed her and we cuddled for the rest of the afternoon.

Later that day I took her out for dinner. We went to a restaurant by the beach that she loves so much. She looked absolutely beautiful right now. I mean she always looks good. I pulled up into the parking space and went around to open the door for her.

"Why thank you"

"My pleasure."

She took my hand and we walked inside.

"Uhh I have a reservation for Reece"

"Ok follow me"

She walked us through the restaurant and out a door in the back. She then led us to a table under a canopy on the beach. There were candles all around it and I felt Kelley tug on my hand.

"Did you do this."

"Maybe"

"It's beautiful"

"Not as beautiful as you"

We sat down and ordered our drinks.

"You really are something aren't you."

"Only the best for you kel."

"I love you speedy."

"I love you too."

"Wait speedy"

"Yeah"

"Are we official."

Oh crap. Does she want to be official. Does she not want this.

"Uhh I don't know. Do you want to be official."

"Well I don't want anyone else sleeping with you."

"Well then Kelley would you like to be my girlfriend."

"I would love nothing more."

We talked and laughed with each other for the rest of the night. I paid the bill and then I took her hand and led her towards the water. We walked hand in hand down the beach in a comfortable silence. About a couple minutes into the walk I turn her towards me and I put my hands around her.

"Kel."

"Yah speedy"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We held the embrace for a while sneaking a few kisses into it. We walked back to the jeep and went home. I opened the door to the apartment and I closed the door and I was pushed up against the wall and Kelley kissed me. She took off my shirt and I unzipped her dress. I started kissing her neck and then worked my way down. And let me tell you did we have a good night.

I woke up the next morning to a beautiful sleeping face. Kelley looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I gently got out of her embrace and walked to the kitchen to make breakfast. Kelley and I decided last night on the third apartment and we move in today. Joao should probably be getting here today but I'll worry about that when we get to it.

I put the bread in the toaster, turned on the stove and got out the avocado. I cooked the eggs, smeared he avocado on the toast and put the egg on top. As I was laying the egg on the second plate I felt two arms snake their way around my waist. Kelley rested her head on the back of my neck.

"I love you."

I turned around and cupped her cheeks with my hands. I kissed the top of her head and rested my forehead against hers.

"I love you too. I love you so much you have no idea."

"After last night I think I might have a clue." She said with a smirk.

"Alright there shorty. Let's go eat."

"Oh I know what I wanna eat" she said staring intensely at me.

"Oh my god."

I took my plate and walked to the couch. I sat down and turned on the television. Kelley walked in and sat down next to me.

We finished our food and cuddled on the couch for a while.

"BREAKING NEWS. We're just getting reports of a suspect who was gunned down earlier today. The suspects name is joao and he was known to part of the drug trade company in Costa Rica."

I shot up and stared at the tv in disbelief. I covered my mouth with my hand and ran my hand through my hair.

"Holy shit."

I stood up and paced around the room. Kelley stood up and grabbed my arms.

"Hey listen to me. It's gonna be ok."

She pulled me into a hug.

"It's gonna be ok."