Camps and unknown birthdays

April 24, 2017

Kelley and I were leaving for camp today. My collarbone has healed and I'm ready to go. I still have to take it easy and not do anything that's gonna damage my shoulder again. Kelley has gotten over the whole Charlie thing. She cried about it for some time but I was there for her.

I'm done packing for the camp and I'm loading up my jeep with the car. My parents are off in some foreign country dealings with their drug business. I'm waiting for Kelley and she is taking forever. I walk into her house and her mom is cooking breakfast.

"Good morning reece"

"Morning mrs. O'Hara."

"Kelley is upstairs"

I walked upstairs and walked into her room. And she hasn't even finished packing.

"Kelley our flight leaves in two hours and it takes an hour to get to the airport"

"Alright alright I just need to throw in a couple more things"

I walked to the bed and threw in a bunch of pairs of shorts a bunch of tshirts and some nice clothes.

"Ok your done lets go"

"You know I could have done that"

"Yes you could have but it probably would have taken another year"

I carried her bags downstairs. Kelley and I ate breakfast and we both said goodbye to her mom before we took off. Kelley played her music and I drove.

"So you excited for camp" she asked.

"Yeah"

"Do you think we're gonna do ok"

"As long as we play the soccer we know and love. Yes we will do fine"

Kelley seemed to relax a little and I kept driving.

"Speedy"

"Yeah"

"Never mind"

"Ok kel"

"Wait I want to say thank you"

"For what kel"

"Do you remember that night when we were studying and I said we should go to a party and you said it wasn't a good idea and then the next day I took a test hungover."

"Yes"

"Well I found out Charlie was cheating on me and I bombed my test and you stood my me. You held me when I was crying and you never said I told you so. Reece your the best friend any person could ever ask for"

"Thanks kel"

We continued the drive making small talk from time to time. We finally got to the airport and checked our bags in. We went through security and made it to our gate with 15 minutes to spare. I went to go get Kelley and I some coffee from Starbucks. When I got back our flight was being called.

We boarded the plane and sat down next to each other. It was a 5 hour flight. And it's currently 1 in the afternoon so we're gonna arrive around six and from there someone is supposed to pick us up.

A little while after we took off Kelley put a pillow in my lap and put her head there and took a nap. I listened to music the entire time and tried to do some homework that Kelley and I had to turn on when we come back. We graduate at the end of next month and I can't wait to go to Stanford with her. We agreed to room together.

Our flight finally landed and I woke Kelley up. I grabbed our bags and then we went to the baggage claim. We got our bags and went to find the rest of the people getting picked up.

"REECE"

I turned around and saw the one and only.

"TOBIN"

She ran over and pulled me into a hug.

"Happy birthday" she said excited.

"Happy birthday? It's your birthday. Why didn't you tell me?" Asked Kelley.

"It's not that big of a deal"

"You got called into camp" said tobin.

"Yeah Kelley and I both got invited"

"This is gonna be so great. Playing together again"

"Yeah it's gonna be great. Umm this is my friend Kelley"

"Hey Kelley Im tobin"

"Hi tobin"

I turned to Kelley.

"Tobin and I used to play soccer together when I lived in New Jersey."

"Yeah she was the best always breaking ankles"

"Man stop talking about yourself"

We laughed for a little while and then she led us to where some of the team was.

Tobin introduced us.

"Hey guys this is my friend Reece and Kelley"

I knew most of them. Some of them were veterans and I knew them because I watched their games and I followed them on the insta.

Ali krieger and Ashlyn Harris stood up and walked over to us.

"Hey guys Im Ashlyn and this is Ali. The bus should be here in a couple minutes and then we go to the hotel from there have dinner and a meeting and go to sleep. Any questions?"

Kelley and I both shook our heads.

"Ok then"

They walked back to were they were sitting and sat down.

"Ok so that's christen press" she pointed to a girl. She was tan and had dark hair and she was really pretty.

"That's emily sonnett" she pointed to the girl sitting a couple seats down from christen.

"And that's alex Morgan" she pointed at someone sitting next to Tobin's things.

She was beautiful. Her blue eyes were breathtaking and she had a built figure.

Kelley and I sat down and we waited for the bus. Finally it came and we got on. The bus took us to the hotel. Coach Jill was there to greet us.

"Hello team. Im giving you a paper with the rooming situation. Dinner starts at 8 don't be late."

I looked at my watch and it was 6:47. I looked at the sheet and I was rooming with Kelley.

Kelley and I took our things to our room and hung out for a little.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday"

"It's not that important"

"Speedy it's your birthday."

"Yeah but it's not a big deal"

"Speedy what's wrong"

"It's just that my parents haven't called and I'm getting really worried. Usually they would call every night but they haven't called"

"Maybe they don't have good cell phone reception"

"I hope that's the problem"

Kelley came over and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey it's gonna be ok"

I looked at the time.

"We should probably get going."

"Hey"

I started to turn around but she put both her hands on my face and cupped my face.

"If you need to talk about it I'm here. You know that"

I held her arms.

"Thanks kel"