11

"Damn, if I didn't know any better, I would think he was back for real," Tay said as I'd just finished telling her and D about my dream.

            "Tell me about it. I mean, it was so real, down to the smallest detail. I hate that my imagination can be my worst enemy at times. I think the worst part about it is that I wanted it to be real for Tre. For him to grow up and have Jay and not just the stories we tell him about what kind of man his father is...was," I corrected myself as I looked to the side.
            They nodded in agreement.
            "Well, you still have us sis," D told me then looked down at her phone. "Oh, I gotta go; duty calls," she got up and grabbed her bag.
            "Which duty is it this time" I asked and laughed as she flipped me off.
            "Dionne got all the hoes, man," Tay added then laughed when D flipped her off too as she left. "So, what do you think it means?" She asked me before she bit a potato.
            "What?"
            "Your dream; you know they say your mind doesn't show it to you unless you need to see it."
            I looked at her and burst out laughing, "Dude, who the hell do you talk to, Tay?"
            "Don't worry about all that. Just know I get insight on what's really going on."
            "Get out," I told her, pointing to the door.
            She smacked her teeth, "Girl please, I make your day so much better. Don't ev-"
            "BAILEY! Get your son," Blake exclaimed.
            "What did you to him?" I asked as I took Tre from him.
            "I didn't do nothing. Leon came in the room and scared him so now he's mad," he explained. "You got him around all theses females all the time; my nephew not gon' be no punk."
            "Shut up," I waved him off.
            "Whatever," he replied and went back inside.
            "Hey stank," I cooed to him and he smiled, showing nothing but gums. I couldn't help but smile back.
            "Such a happy baby; all he does is smile," Tay smiled before she wiped her hands and reached for him. "Hey tee-tee baby," she said and began to bounce him in her lap.

            "Ma, stop," I told her as she took the clothes out that I'd just put in the suit case out.
            "I don't see why you want to go back; all of your family is here."
            "But my job, home, and everything else are in California."
            "You took the year off," she put her hands on her hips.
            I sighed, "From the office, mama. I still have to do my part outside of the office. If I don't, no one gets paid. Then I'll really be back home."
            "What's wrong with that," she questioned with a shrug.
            "Leave that girl alone," my daddy told her. He grabbed her hands and pulled her out of the room.
            I laughed as I heard her protesting to my dad. I don't know why she acts like we were staying forever when I told her three weeks.
            "Don't leave me," Mani whined as she plopped down on my bed.
            "So dramatic," I laughed. "I'm going to miss, chick."
            "Man this ain't fair, man. We were supposed to go to Tokyo for my birthday," she folded her arms.
            "Oh, we're still going. None of our plans have changed. Besides I'm about to be doing a lot of promo traveling for the movie and two books. Lay is going to stay with Tee and I think it's great for you to spend time here at home. If I would take you both, you know I would in a heartbeat."
            Before she could object, my dad came back in the room with a fussy Tre in his arms.
            "Someone wants their mommy," he said and gave him to me.
            "What's wrong stank," I said while I rocked him From side to side.
            "He's a little warm so you might to check his temperature."
            "Thanks, daddy," I told him before he walked back out.
            "Good ol' pawpaw Leon," Mani joked.
            "I heard that," he called from the other room and we both laughed.

            "Come in," I called to whoever was knocking on the door.
            "What's wrong with him" Leon asked.
            "He has a fever," I answered as I rocked Tre. "I'm about to go the ER, though. Look how red his face is."
            "I'm coming; let me put my shoes on," he told me before he closed the door.