Chapter Two

The market where they illegally sell humans for slavery has always been in lack of air. All kind of beings are present here, starting from my kind to the weakest such as ghouls-

"Are you sure about this Zac?"

I stopped getting lost in my thought when another whine sounds from my behind and catch a single glimpse of my beta, Cardin.

Deciding to ignore him for the rest of my life, I continue to break through the swarm of these noisy buyers.

If only life is that easy.

As if it's not bad enough to pretend not to care that there is a full grown werewolf with a sleeveless shirt only three inches shorter than me but a bit bulkier tailing my trails like a lost puppy, some females thought it's the best time to try their luck.

You see, I have a thing for touching and being touched. A big hatred. I despise any form of physical contact that I almost killed a noble vampire for trying to get under my skin.

From generation to generation, my bloodline has always been an Alpha. Somehow I become the most ruthless one compared to the ones before, but I never give any shit about anything other than dominating and making others submit to me. Fear is one thing but I demand for respect or they will face their worst nightmare.

I have conquered many territories that now it has become one big country in the western side, while there are still some packs remain scattered in some states. One of them lives not too far from this market and the Alpha sent me an invitation card for the slave auction this weekend.

Which I refused but amazingly, my beta succeeded on persuading me to come.

These nuisance know what I am well-known for, thus none of them attempt more than big bullshit of flirts. Still, even if there is no direct contact I've already been fully irritated of their shameless dirty gazes and it doesn't help when Cardin accepts them with open arms.

"Stop. Following me." I grit my teeth.

What I get for his reaction is the opposite from what I got when this growl was "being gifted" to other creatures. They would've been on their knees, shivering and begged for my mercy which can only be achieved in their dreams.

"As much as I want to go and screw with these beautiful ladies, I can't~" he grins pulling the ones in his arms closer. Their giggles feel like the cawing sound of ugly crows and without him realizing, my patience has run out.

"Then tell these things to fuck off!!" I snarl making some of them flinch back.

Using their frightened state as a chance to slip away from the crowd, I change into a half form and was about to have a run when someone lunges at me.

Fucking lunges. At me.

In one second the jabbering of every merchants and other wights in the place becomes silent at the roar of my anger. I raise my claws and almost kill the peasant in front of me, but this insolent bastard actually dares to dodge!

Without any hesitation in a blink of an eye I sink my other arm into the hard concrete, successfully mince the lump of meat. I exhale heavy breathing as my chest rises up and down rapidly, trying to contain another explosion of rage when I hear Cardin calling my name.

I may have the worst temper, but in wolf form it's almost impossible to hold it back. Shaking the blood off my hand with one flick I race toward the forest. Taking a deep breath I snort a steam of air catching a scent of a prey to release the pent-up anger on.

By the time I get home, I'm already drenched in blood. The Alpha was silent when he saw me but I'm sure now he will think twice before inviting me to his home.