Chapter Eight

"Oh, look who we have here."

I almost squint my eyes begrudgingly toward the source of this feminine voice. Almost. I watch as she approaches me in a "graceful" way that even a snail can win a race against her. The shining blond strands reach her waist in curls, accompanied by colourful stones as the jewellery. Her dress is beautiful, if only it's not stuck on her body and of course I'm the only one who think like that.

"Zac."

Why the fuck is she wheezing out my name like that?

I can hear how loud Cardin throw a fit of laugh through the mind-link. I was taken aback by this immortal being who dresses like a lamp pole by how much glimmers her jewelries reflecting to the point it hurts my brain, so I'm unaware that my mind is still being exposed to the rest of my pack.

Except my beta, no one finds it funny since my statement doesn't appear as a joke as to him. I feel their bewilderment as one by one they tried to give nonsense to reason with my question that I don't even give a fuck. Blocking the commotion inside my head I realize that I've been ignoring whatever this joke is blabbering about.

"So," Valery leniently swipes her well ironed dress. "How is your search of mate?"

I'm about to tell her to mind her own fucking business when all of sudden a scream shoot throughout the room, startling us all. With my heightened vision I see some men at the entrance holding some kind of bomb. From their smell I can tell that they're a group of witches that I've destroyed some time ago and most possibility is that they came to take my head. One of them throws the bomb toward the other side of the room, opposite direction from where I'm currently standing and it explodes with purple smoke spreading through the air.

The werewolves don't stand quiet for any second longer and attack them mercilessly, yet not too bloody since there were children and they need to ask what their intention is. Mom rushes to my side, worried that I intervene with the commotion and sighs in utter relief seeing me glued to the spot.

What makes me content being alone among the shadows isn't because I'm scared with the witches but the fact that Valery has gone somewhere unknown and all of them are too busy with the bomb incident to bother me again. I give a smirk seeing the woman run toward me while she put on a deadpanned look.

"What? What did I do?"

"Don't give me shit, sherlock. I know you're gonna smash their heads if I'm not here."

I pretend to feel hurt. "How cruel. Here I am, being as obedient as a good son could be but you still have your finger pointed at me."

"Shut up, retard. I swear you're only good at leading the pack. The rest is unnecessary."

"Hey now, d-"

"COWARD!!!!!!" we turn our heads at the same time toward the source of the voice. One of the witches has recognised me and now he's shooting me a death glare.

"Turns out you're not as tough as they said! Hiding like a fucking wet dog you are!!"

"Zac, don't list-"

She couldn't finish what she started as I've fled to the perpetrator side in the next second and waste no time to put a grip on his head then smash them, like mincing a strawberry. The blood splatters everywhere it can get to. Another shrill of scream is fired and that's how, ladies and gentleman, I got grounded by my mother.

***

It's true that I said I'm grounded, but it never meant that I would actually sit still like a good boy for a second time in a row. I feel it's enough to get me the title of a courteous child so that signs the end of my pretentious act.