Chapter Six

I forgot how many days have passed, how many months slipped by but it was around the time Cardin told me about one of his slaves stealing his watch and was sent to the prison, that's when I remember. That ugly slave who bumped into me back in that mongrel's place. How could I have forgotten?

Maybe it was because the war between my pack and the witches.

Maybe it was because of the execution of the elders who tried to go against me.

Maybe it was because my mom bitching me as soon as I stepped into the house that night after arriving from the auction.

All in all, I question myself for having forgotten about it because I am exactly not the type to let go of grudges. Not at all, no matter how small it was. Look at the example, Afanas. He was laying in the basement. Dead. His clan is wiped out clean. For what? For making me angry, obviously. I can't have the potentially-become-another-mongrel alive right? So starting from his father, his mother, his daught-

"You're thinking dirty again." my beta grimaces. "You're supposed to help me with this problem!"

I ignore his ugly pout and ponder once again. There's one conclusion as to why I'm not that angered anymore. It's possible that I've forgiven him. Ha! I scoff. Me forgiving a living thing? A human as well? That's definitely a first. Cardin gives me another raised brow, which he often did these past days, and follows me getting out of the building. He is not guarding me, since it's pointless. This wolf is just curious. As usual.

"What are we doing in the prison?" he frowns as we enter the putrid-smelled place.

"I don't remember telling you to come."

He rolls his eyes and doesn't ask a single question anymore reading my mood. I am not someone whom you can ask nicely and get a nice answer. I answer with my talons and canines. Imagine if someone asks me not in a nice way. I've always wanted to kill with a reason- a logical reason, as someone once said.

When I ask the guard about the boy, it's difficult to find out his whereabout. They are on my dead list if I know they did something to my property. If it's not because of my brother who is looking for another prey to be tortured, I might've given their heads to the worms my sister is collecting. She's on diet but she gave her food meat to eat.

Aragon has the look which resembles my father while Vinca is the exact copy of mom, exactly the same even to the weirdest bit. And me? I look nothing like them. I have eyes that make every stomach churn when they see me. My hair isn't golden nor silver, it's black. The size of my wolf is abnormally huge, almost twice than my father's. They said I got the gene from my great great grandfather who had the same look and his wolf was said to be the biggest in history. Guess who breaks the record.

"Oh, I just remember because you mention the word ugly. Ugh, he was ugly as fuck! Where did you find him?" he doesn't wait for my answer that will never come and continues. "Well, he's dead. Or pretty much so. I got bored quickly so I left him in one of my chambers. You know where to find me." then he leaves with a meaningful smirk.

It is a bit different with him. Just because he's my brother he doesn't spare a way to get away from my punishment. What makes me doesn't really want to bother with the likes of him is the fact that he doesn't fear me, as he is as fearless as I am, and actually likes it when I hurt him. He is a sadistic maniac who enjoys my torture. The fuck is wrong with him. He screams because he's forcing me to whip his body. Wait until I whip a screw or two off his head. This all starts when I almost ate his head when I was five and it's something I don't want my tongue to touch ever again. His fucked up brain tastes that bad.

Taking a look at the watch I realize that I don't have any more time to play around or I'll have some alien called my mom chew on my ears- urgh. I get out of the prison with Cardin still tailing me and drive back home.

"Why are you looking for a slave?"

I sigh. This man who doesn't remember an important party I told him to remind me now only has another useless thing in mind. He is playing some stupid games in his phone and I sweat that's the only thing other than eating and shit. As far as I've lived he's the laziest person I've ever known.

There are some meetings I'm obligated to attend to and my portion of absence has run out. I have my gamma to take care of everything since the alpha and the beta both are like this but lately he is acting like a cat in heat. Blame his mate for that. I can't get as much holiday as I want and now I have to bear breathing the same air with some wimpy old wolf.

"You can drop me off here."

This time it's my turn to raise a brow. "You're fucking not."

Cardin draws out a long breath. "At least it's worth trying."