Chapter Four

"Where have you been?" Cardin shoots me a glare watching as I silently walk toward my seat, which is rare. The light has been shut off except the ones on the stage. A row of humans whose ages range around eighteen to twenty two indicates that the event has begun. I ignore the questioning look stabbing from my side and take a glass of red wine which is offered by the passing waitress.

Eventually he gives up and goes back to focus on the goods presented on the stage. Sometimes raises his board and when he starts bidding, no one bothers to compete because he is well known for getting whatever he wants with whichever way he likes to. So far he has three women and a man sitting behind him. They became as quite as an empty air when I took a seat, meaning they know the circumstances for being around me.

I skim through the mortal beings bored-ly. The continuous cycle of an auction: as some kids are successfully being sold, another ones will replace them. It continues until none is left, except those who fail to attract the customers. Rumors say they will be sent home after the auction gives them a sum of money. What a lie, I scoff. Those who fail will become slaves for some sick son-of-bitches who like to torture little boys for their own pleasure.

I still haven't risen my number once although there were so many events like this I've attended before, out of my mom's threatening me to cut my balls if I don't work my ass off in finding my mate. None of them ignite a spark inside me. Cardin is the only one gaining something from all of this. He has so many slaves lining for him back in our pack and tonight he doesn't even hold back.

However, today I'm not coming home empty-handed. One side of my lips is slowly being pulled up at the thought. With fast motion I get up as soon as the mc ends the show. Thankfully it was the last section. Cardin is giving the guards some instructions to bring the humans he has bought to one of the following cars while I stride into the black limousine upfront.

"So impatient." he sighs. The engine soon starts. I don't realize that I'm still smiling, or to be precise smirking, and Cardin is staring at me amusedly. "So, who did you kill?" an instant thought comes in a rush and I grit my teeth in rage remembering that soon-to-be-dead bitch's face. He notices the sudden turn of my mood and cock a brow.

"Remind me later."

"Remind you what?"

A growl escapes and that's all it takes to make him zip his snout up. Now my mood is in thirst of blood and I can't wait to actually kill some rogues on the way home. But if I do that, this motherfucker declaring himself as my best friend will tell on me and mom turning on her bitchy mode is the very least I want in this never-ending life.

It will be nice if my rationality takes a long vacation somewhere far away. Afanas won't be breathing his stinky air ever again and everyone will be happy ever after. I so want to tear his limbs one by one, hearing his cry for mercy will be a very nice choice of music. Vampire is a tough one and I enjoy every single effort to make them scream. The ones who drink humans blood have faster healing, meaning I get to spend longer time to have my entertainment.

"You're thinking dirty again."

".. So what? You always do think dirty all the time."

He scoffs. "If your dirty thoughts are some likely the same as mine, that'd be wonderful."

It takes me a while to get the meaning behind his muttering. I turn to him with a raised brow.

"Everytime you're thinking dirty, it never ends well."

I smile to myself. "I guess so."