July 3: First Time

Harry loves Zayn in more ways than one, thinks he's best because he's always there for him, until proven not after their first time.

[ prompt is barely taken from my short story Thought I Was Dreaming, located in my smut short stories book & slight taken from chapter seven of Distinct written by halloucinations ]

Lottie is older for the sake of this fic so don't fucking bite me for saying he doesn't have an older sister (which jokes on you bc he does).

"Harry!" His favorite voice echoes, even through his metal locker, he can hear the thick accent that drops like smooth honey. He closes his locker and looks forward to see Zayn standing inches away from him, "Hi, Harry."

Harry flashes one of his coy smiles at his crush with the pigment of a tall tree during fall, eyes twinkling in a whiskey shade ─ somebody Harry's been eyeing for two years now. He's never made a move because it's rather simple, Harry's awful at being social, whilst Zayn's stories about his life are far more interesting than the ones Harry talks about (baking cookies at ten at night because he's a rebel to eat sweets after eight).

It's hard to catch on to what Zayn is saying because he's too busy focusing on the way his lips move, watching his cheeks curve because of the smile that plays. "So, what do ya think Harry?" Harreh. Harry likes that too much.

"What?" Harry tilts his head, wishing he could of understood earlier.

"You're going to Louis' sister's wedding right?" Yes. Zayn, Louis, and Harry himself have been friends for as long as he can remember, pretty much since they started to know what feelings were (little tweens). If it wasn't Zayn, he'd probably like Louis, but Zayn's always been the one to check up on Harry more, the one who puts Harry first. So it's obvious to Harry, that he'd always put Zayn first before anybody else as well ─ even if Zayn thinks it doesn't mean anything.

"Oh! I am!" Harry coos, leaning against his locker to present some cool look, which probably, isn't working for Harry in his bright pink flamingo patterned button up and denim shorts that fold at his mid thigh.

"I'll see you there."

Anne has two hands on Harry's shoulder, shaking him forward and backward exaggeratedly, "You're actually going somewhere. My goodness. I can't believe it, you."

"You're going too. I don't see what's so surprising." Harry rolls his eyes and shrugs off his mum's sturdy grip. He gets why she's so happy for him, but he also thinks he should be offended. His mother is so surprised that it makes him feel a little queasy because he's being reminded on how antisocial he is.

Anne makes Harry help her out her single diamond necklace on, "Yes, I am and I'm going to enjoy my night. So will you. If I find out you're leaving and not spending time being out there with your friends, oh well. The house door will be locked and armed. Don't know where you'll be going."

"I'll sleep in the car." Harry's done it once, when he slept over at Louis' place because his parents really adamant of Harry during this point in their life (sophomore year Harry broke their window trying to play football for the sake of Louis' wanting to practice with someone). That day, Harry didn't want to be home because Gemma's awful boyfriend was there, so that was it: Louis. Usually it would be Zayn ─ Harry's first resort when he's not comfortable with the company at his house ─ but Zayn was on a date. Louis and Harry even spent that night making fun of how awful that guy was because he was literally the rudest, but Zayn liked him because he was in a band and did freestyle art. Harry could never compete with that.