Chapter 16

Cal

Jack got on his bike again and lead us to what are the remains of what was once a house. You could see the concrete foundation as well as the rust and suit. Some wooden pillars still remained upright.

Jacks Pov

I walked to what was the centre of my house. Some wooden planks still remained leaving dark embers staining  the ground. I then picked some up and moved them out of the way to reveal the secret door that we hid under a rug. There we stashed all of our prized possessions that we ever owned and what we thought would be useful for the future. I then opened it. Left as it was the last time I saw it. I then picked up the dark green box and brought it up out of the ground. I then opened it.

Cash, photos, tools. I then closed it and walked over to the tree. The old under ground cellar. I then kicked the old doors hoping they would break open. But they didn't budge. The lamp. I then put my arm in the gap between the tree to reach the lamp.

"Argghhhh. Come on come on", I then reached the lamp and brought it free. I took from key from it and opened the cellar doors. I then got the old matches and lit the lamp and hopped inside and went down.

Cals Pov

"Lovejoy where did he go?"

"I think he went down there"

"Well nows the time to get him while no one is watching", I then exited the car to see what Jack was up to. I stood over the old doors that lead a fair way  down into the ground, "do you think this will lead right out to the cliffs on the beach?", I asked Lovejoy. A bit scared to go down.

"Quite possibly", Lovejoy then took a step and started to make his way down. He then grabbed out his flashlight and shon the torch. It was dark and dirty. The stench is disgusting with dead rats. We then entered the main chamber that would go under Jacks house and lead out to the cliffs.

"Hey look at this?", I called Lovejoy as I blew the dust off an old Crete it read 'Boston Dawsons'. "What a little shit", I named Jack, "he is related to them!", then something caught my eye pinned up against a wooden post. But there were more surrounding it. Old news article, letters, photos. I then took it down.

Jacks Pov

I kept going till I got to the safe room. Only Dawsons knew about this and I'm the last. I invaded the small room looking for money to get out of here. My father and mother stored all there money down here so our relatives wouldn't find it. Luckily they never did. Swept all right past them.

"That's enough now Jack", Cal spoke clicking his gun. I threw my hands up slowly, "you're a pretty lucky boy", he snarled at me throwing all the old news papers, photos and articles about my parents and sisters death. As well as the note that I was mysteriously left with, "I saw all the alcohol and the ash. You've been a very naughty boy Jack"

"If you think that i did it. I didn't! I was down here the whole time! In this room!", I argued with him.

"But the fire started down here. Someone lit the alcohol and blew up your family house killing your whole entire family setting it alight", tears welled in eyes.

"I DIDN'T DO IT! I WAS IN HERE!"

"Then nobody will ever see or hear from you again!", Cal then used his fist and knocked me out.

Cals Pov

"Lovejoy take him away", I asked him as I examined the blood on my hands from Jack. We then followed the end of the tunnel and it lead exactly where we thought it would. To the beach.

"I guess they got that built so they could store all of it secretly. Look Lovejoy. Ships come from the water covered by the cliffs and there's your entry and storage point. It's set out perfectly" I then helped Lovejoy carry Jack up the cliffs. I'm coming to get you Rose.