All's Well that End's Well

They parked in front of Madeline's house. He had already dropped all of Avril's friends, and Madeline Vincent was the last one left.
Driving the Acura felt awesome. And driving after all these months was ever so entertaining.
Madeline waved a last good-bye and went away.
Avril coughed. "So, it's home now, right?"
"Nah. Let's go eat something before. I'm starving. And I don't want to freak Mom and Dad by all this, you know." He pointed to his body, his rough blue striped dress, tearing from the elbow.
"Ha, ha." Avril mocked.

Ashton braked in the parking lot of La Riviera.
They entered the restaurant, and literally everyone was staring at him.
Not that they recognised him, of course, but because of his perilous condition.
They went over to an empty seat near the door and gave their orders.
Ashton excused himself and went over to the bathroom.

Once there, he threw splashes after splashes of water on his face. He washed his hair and threw over the red Eagle Outfitters shirt Avril had brought him along khakis.
He gazed at his reflection in the mirror.
Not normal, but better.
Good.

He stepped out of the bathroom, ready to tell the world he was back.
That Ashton Kahn was alive.

"Ashton!"
Someone gaped.
He turned around to find Wren Cavanaugh standing behind.
Wren.
The guy who confessed.
"H-hey." Ashton muttered.
"Wait, like, you aren't Ashton, are you? Because, like, you can't be. Wasn't he, like..."
Ashton stared at Wren's shocked face.
A smile appeared on his face at the sight of his old buddy.
"Yola Wrenie the Birdo! Of course it's me. Plus it's been a long story, I'll tell you someday." He winked.
Wren's eyes grew wider. "Ashy? Actually Ashy?"
Ashton nodded.
"W-welcome back Ashton." He said in a still confused voice.
"Well, I'll see you at school tomorrow. Because I don't think I'll be continuing to Yale. I've already been through too much."
Wren pursed his lips. "Think about it again, Ashton. You deserve even better than Yale. And, I missed you man!"
They hugged. "So, see you then. Avril must be waiting."

Avril had already started to eat. As Ashton approached her, she gave him a toothed smile.
"So, you look good." She said.
"Oh really? Ha, ha!" Ashton laughed in sarcasm.
"No, I'm serious. It's so good to have you back. You know the feeling's so marvellous that you are here right in front of me..."
"Alright, alright." Ashton cut her. "I just had a little meeting with Wren Cavanaugh."
Avril tilted her head. Wow. Wren Cavanaugh already. Something was so wrong with that guy.
"So, am I supposed to hide everything from Cavanaugh too?" Ashton asked.
Avril stared at her brother. Had he forgotten Wren was a suspect?
"Ashton, come on. Just keep that mouth of yours zipped for some time, okay?"
Ashton stuck out his bottom lip. "Uh-huh."

"So, I guess we should go home, Mom has no idea I went to Penn, she must be kind of freaked out." Avril sighed.
"Hey. Since when did Mom actually began to care where the hell we went?"
Avril did a double-sigh this time. "Since you died. I mean, since she began to think you were dead, whatever."
Then there was silence.
"I missed you all." Ashton dropped the pin.
"Of course. And if you hadn't, I definitely would have stabbed you hard in the back."
They both laughed.
It was so good to be together.