Eight

Kiara's POV:

"We're going to the movies this Friday. I wanted to know if you want to come?",Morgan asks.

I look up from my anatomy book to look at her. "Oh sorry. I have somewhere else to be". I retort.

She raises her eyebrows in curiosity. "Oh? And where is that?"

"Somewhere",I say as I blush.

"Where is this 'somewhere'? Pray do tell",she says in a posh accent.

"I have a date okay! There,I said it",I yell.

"Quiet!", the librarian says in anger.

"Sorry. See what you made me do?",I whisper at her. She smirks and wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Is it that Hunter guy?",she asks. I just look at her and give her no reply. She smirks widely like a Cheshire cat.

"Will you please stop looking at me like that? Its just a date", I say.

"Yeah. Sure. Just a date",she replies sarcastically. I roll my eyes at her and pack away my book. "I am done for the day. What about you?", I glance at Morgan. She grabs her bag and stands up.

"The whole gang is done. Oh gosh, I can't wait to see Justin. I missed him over the weekend".

"Oh yeah. I noticed that he wasn't here the whole week last week. Where was he?", I ask. We walk to her locker.

"Something about his Nana being sick or something". I nod at her. She opens her locker and looks at herself in the mirror. She puts on some lip gloss and puts some of her books inside the locker. Typical Morgan. Always putting lip gloss on.

"Hey babe",Justin says as he leans against the lockers and sends Morgan a 1000 mega watt smile at her. Morgan looks at him and she squeaks.

She hugs him and starts kissing him madly. Their kissing lasts for a few minutes and I look away. Morgan starts moaning and I gasp.

"Guys! I'm still here",I say. They let go of each other and look at me.

"Bloody hell! I know you guys missed each other but save that for the bedroom",I say.Justin smirks at Morgan and I fake gag.

Hailey, Evans and Alex walk towards us. "Couldn't agree more. Hey Justin. Where the hell were you man?",Evans asks.

"My Nana was sick. I had to go and take care of her",he replies.

Just as he says that Hailey coos. "Aw. Look at you being a family man already. It makes me sick".,she jokes as she hugs Justin.

I notice that Alex is quiet and he seems to have zoned out. He realises that I have been staring at him and he avoids my gaze. He looks like shit.

Morgan sees him and she frowns. "Alex? What's wrong? You haven't been saying anything for the past few days. Plus you look like shit. Are you okay?",she asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a crappy day and shitty people",he replies. When he says 'people' his eyes linger on me and I shift uncomfortably.

Everyone notices him and they start to look at me.

"Not like we all don't ask ourselves about what you did to those 'shitty' people. Get used to it. Life is not always a picnic under the shade", I retort. Evans clears his throat.

"How about coffee guys?",he asks. Everyone except Alex and I don't agree.

"Nah. I'm heading home. See you guys around",I say asI walk away from them and head towards my car. Just when I get outside I fight the urge of crying.

"Kiara!", someone calls. I quickly wipe the tears and I plaster a fake smile and turn around. I notice that it's Hunter and I wait for him.

"Hey. What's up?",he asks.

"Nothing. Just going home to get some sleep",I say.

He scrutinises me and scrunches his eyebrows. "Are you okay? Don't even bother saying no because I can see that you are not okay".

I look up into his emerald eyes. I can't help but to stare into his eyes almost as if I'm drowning in them. Something about them soothes me.

"Tell you what. If you don't want to talk about it,it's okay. You don't have to tell me. I recall promising to take you to the book store. And since I'm a gentleman I keep my promises",he says.

I giggle at what he says. "Then what are you waiting for?! Lets go!" I push him towards my car.

"Jeez! Do you have to be so violent? Patience woman!",he yells.

I laugh at him and I hand him my car keys. We hop in the car and he revs it to life.

******
"I cannot believe you! You traumatised that poor woman. She basically stared at you in horror",I say.

"I had to ask her",he retorts. Hunter orders our milkshakes.

"Really? You can't walk to a lady and ask her 'Excuse me mam,what size tampon do you think would fit me?'. That's madness!",I say as I start laughing at his idiocy and playfulness.

"I was curious! Guys never do that. I just wanted to know what size would be suitable for me okay? I was being a super intellect",he defends.

I laugh harder as he says that. He grabs our milkshakes and we walk to a table. We sit down and he starts drinking his milkshake.

"Curiosity always kills the cat. You're crazy",I point out.

"Yup. Crazy about you. You are my peanut to my butter. My strawberry to my jam. Oh marry me!",he jokes.

I start laughing at him. My phone rings and I look at the caller ID. What now? I frown at it and put it back in my pocket. Hunter notices me frowning.

"You okay?",he asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. Do you always have to be my knight in shining armour? You're always asking me whether I'm okay!",I point.

"If you want me to stop worrying I suggest you answer that call. Before your phone explodes from vibrating",he says as he chuckles.

I chuckle at him and I answer the call. I stand up to go and answer the call outside. I put the caller on speaker since there are no people around.

"Hi little sister",she says.

"What do you want Nicole?",I ask in a bored tone.

"Nice to know you missed me. Listen,I'm going home for the weekend and I was wondering if you will be there?"

"Great sense of humour by the way. I was planning on going home until you decided to come so no,I'm not going home. Why?",I ask.

"I just missed you and the family".

"Ha! You? Miss us? As in like you have feelings? Are you sick or something? Do you have cancer? Five weeks to live? Last time I checked you do not have a heart. For the past three years you never bothered to grace us with your presence. Did you get fired from work? Do you need some cash? What is it? I am not coming home just because you told me to do so. We have been asking you to come home Nikki. Practically begging you to. But you didn't come. So now you expect us to come through for you? Over grandpa's dead body. What did mom and dad say about this?",I say.

"They were ecstatic that I'm coming home. It's okay if you can't come. Thank God I'm not coming to your funeral",she retorts in anger.

I scoff at her words. "As if I needed your support. Not like I had it anyways. Besides, you're basically dead to me. Buried you a long time ago. Have fun at the house. And pray dad won't kick you out". I hang up on the phone. I fight the urge to cry. How could she? My own sister.

I wipe away the tears. I take a deep breath and turn around to walk back to the bistro. I freeze when I see who was standing in front of me. Oh snap. How long has he been there?

********