Eleven

Kiara's POV:

I wake up and brush my teeth. I walk to my wardrobe and put on black leggings and a pink shirt with my Reebok shoes. I tie my hair into a messy bun. I go down the stairs and walk to the elevator. I take the elevator to the ground and I arrive in no less than two minutes. I beam as I look at the concierge counter to find Marianne reading through her file.

"Hey Marianne! How are you? I missed you so much",I beam.

I walk over to her and hug her. I take her by surprise but she hugs me back. I let her go and she scrutinises me.

"I missed you too. Have you been behaving?",she teases.

"Yes I have. Like a responsible 19 year old",I say. I raise my hand to indicate scouts honour. She looks at me suspiciously and then smiles after.

"I'm just joking. You still jog?",she asks.

"Jogging is a part of my life. I wouldn't stop for the world", I say.

I walk away from the counter and make my way to the front door. Just as I open the door Hunter shows up.

"Hey. Came to check up on her. Is she doing okay?",he asks.

I nod my head and look back at Marianne who seemed to be happy that she is back. Hunter looks at her too and smiles. I can tell he loves her. Adorable.

"I'm sorry I can't stay. I need to get going or else I will be late for my classes". I kiss him on the check and start jogging away.

I jog two laps around the blocks and stop when I notice Alex by the park all alone. This early in the morning? A park? I power walk to him and stop in front of him.

"Go away",he says.

Well he's a ray of sunshine. "The park is not yours Alex. I need to rest after two laps around the block. You look like you didn't do anything at all", I state.

He look into space and sighs. "If you won't go then I will".

He stands up and starts to walk away. I'm not letting him go. He's an idiot if he thinks I will.

"I heard about Chloe",I say. He stops as I say that. He turns back around and looks at me flatly.

"Can we not talk about Chloe?",he asks.

"Why not?"

"Because we shouldn't",he defends.

I stare at him and fold my arms.

"Why not?",I ask again.

"Because it hurts! That's why!",he yells.

I flinch at his tone of voice. I walk closer to him and he steps back.

"I don't need your pity Kiara. I just need you to leave me alone",he says.

I frown at him. He is crazy. I'm not leaving him to be alone. He should've gotten used to the fact that I'm stubborn a long time ago.