Nine

Kiara POV:

"Hey. Are you okay?",he asks.

"It's not like you would care",I point out.

He sighs. "We're not on good terms but I still have a heart. I can't just walk by a person I know even if they're crying. Especially if it's a fragile girl like you".

I scoff at what he says. "Whatever".

I try to walk past him but he steps in front of me.

"I'm not letting you go in there looking like that".

"What do you care Alex? Tell me,what is it you want from me? I thought I pointed it out that I want nothing to do with you",I say.

"I... I'm sorry okay? I just have a lot of stress and its eating me away bit by bit. Sorry for snapping at you earlier. You're not shitty,I am",he says.

I look at him and roll my eyes. I try to walk around him again but he grabs onto my hand.

"Let me go!" I start hitting him on his chest consecutively but he still doesn't flinch. I feel the tears burn my eyes and I keep hitting him.

"Just let me go Alex",I say. He starts to hug me and I cry. He carries me towards his car which he parked by the bistro and opens the door to get me in. He closes the car door and walks around to get into the drivers seat.

He continues to hug me and I cry. I cry because I hate him for being so nice. I cry because my own sister hates me. And finally,I cry because I can't take it anymore. He mutters soothing words into my ear.

"It's okay. She didn't mean it. I know she didn't".

"I hate seeing you like this. It's okay. It's going to be alright. Don't cry".

I let go of him and I look at his shirt. "Got your shirt wet again. Somehow I always cry when I am in this car. Buy another one".I say.

He chuckles at what I say. How I missed his deep chuckle. Or how he throws his head back and closes his eyes when he laughs. Or how his dimple appears when he smiles. Jesus Christ stop it Kiara!

"Let me take you home",he says.

"But--"

"No buts. I'm taking you home",he cuts me off.

I look at him for a while and eventually give up. "Fine. Can I go get my bag then?",I ask.

He nods and revs the car to life. I get out the car and walk to the bistro. I walk towards Hunter and I's table and I smile apologetically at him. He notices that I was crying and he stands up.

"Are you okay? You were crying".

"Yeah. I'm fine. I need to go,I'm sorry". I grab my bag.

"No it's fine. You need to go. Don't forget your car keys".

"I'll get my car tomorrow. And thanks for the books and the milkshake. Sorry for dropping you like this",I smile.

"I got used to it. Who's taking you home though?",he asks.

"A friend. Trust me,the date is still on".

I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek. I walk out the bistro and go over to Alex's car. I get in and look over at him.

"Thought you ran away. I was about to get in there and throw you over my shoulder ".

"I'm here,aren't I ?",I ask.

He laughs and starts driving. I look out the window and look at some buildings. I take out my phone as it vibrates to give me a reminder.

Alex's birthday in two months. Don't forget to buy him a gift!

I smile at the phone and snort. Bloody smart phones. I feel like it is talking to me. We stop at a traffic light and Alex glances at me. "Why are you smiling?",he asks.

"Well,you know your birthday is in two months right?"

"Yes? And yours is in a month",he says in confusion. The car begins to move as the traffic light turns green.

"I wanted to know what you want for your birthday".

"I don't know. A happy ending,I hope",he says.

I look at him as he says that and realise that he isn't smiling anymore. It had a double meaning. Don't bother asking Kiara. Last time you did you banged your head. Well,he caused it.

"A girlfriend. Besides,I can't stay lonely for the rest of my life". I roll my eyes at what he says.

"I'm serious Alex",I retort.

"So am I. I don't know what I want. It's the thought that counts so anything is fine",he points out.

I groan in frustration and he smiles. What will I get himHe stops the car when we get to the apartment blocks.

"Here we are".

"Thanks". I unbuckle my seatbelt and grab my bag.

He looks at me and smiles. "Go see her. Fix things with her"he says.

I stop what I was doing and look at him. "It is not that easy Alex. She isn't making it easy for me anyways. So why try?" I sigh and lean my head against the seat.

"I know. But try? You never know till you do it". He shrugs his shoulders.

I nod at him and smile. "I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure. Now get out. I don't need you crying again".

I laugh at him and get out the car. I walk to the building and this time I turn back to wave at him. He smiles at me and I turn back to get in the building.

What a day.

******