Twin Machines

"It's quite nice out here." I inhaled a large amount of the fresh air. "Yeah, c'mon, let's head over to the desert." 3S and I began walking. There was... a small lake area. When all of this is over, I might just hang around here. We already passed a few of these areas but I was just fascinated. Fascinated when my eyes make contact with the outside.

"Over here, this way's much faster." 3S pointed to the left a bit. "Alright." We began walking over to the area and saw a hill like slope of sand. Showing how close we were to the desert. "Here we are." 3S said. We noticed a girl with blonde hair and sand like eyes that matched the rest of the land along with a red hood. "Hey, are you the two androids Lisa was telling me about?" The woman asked. "Yes ma'am." 3S replied. "The name's Jackass, nice ta meet cha."

  Jackass? Huh, I guess that's an okay name but... um... I'll just leave it alone. "Oh, uh, Jack...ass, was it? We were sent here by Lisa to scan a certain part of the desert." 3S informed her. "I see." "But the paths blocked." After 3S said that, an explosion occurred right where we needed to go. "There, the paths clear." Jackass did that? "Let's go 5B." 3S began walking through the area. "Alright." I followed.

  "The marked areas of the map should allow us to finish this up quicker." 3S informed as we slid down the sandy hill. "Got it, let's go." I took off to one of the marked locations. 3S came with. We spotted the first group and began battle. "Hya! Ah!" I kicked at the red orb of the machines as 3S used his pod. "Link!" He linked with one of the nevi and began to attack the others. The group number ranged from three to four so it was easier than anything else. "Alright, next marker."

  After we rid the area of most of the nevi machines, we found a strange machine that popped out from the ground. Why was it so strange? Because of what it said. "Ahh! Androids! Run! Run!" It hopped down a cliff and we fallowed. "Let's catch that machine." 3S said as we slid down another slope. We followed the Are as it kept saying "Run." Why was it able to speak?

  "Are these... apartment complexes?" I asked as we ran through an area filled with buildings. "Looks like it." 3S replied. "Run! Run! Run!" The Are continued with it's repetitive cry. "There!" 3S pointed to the nevi. After the frightened Are ran through the area, more Ares popped out from the sand. "Damn."

  We destroyed the two machines and ran in the direction as the talking Are. "Did we loose it?" I asked. "No, there's only one way it could go." 3S replied. We followed the path only to find a pit filled with nevi. "What is this?" They were all... acting like humans. With one rocking a carriage repeating the words, "Child. Child. Child." And another two repeating, "My love. My love. My love."

  They were all related to family. We walked through to crowd of nevi machines. "Carry me. Carry me. Carry me." I turned and saw an Are with it's arms out. "5B, don't. They're only going by human speech. They have no emotions." 3S said.

"Kill all androids." Huh? I turned my head and witnessed the nevi we had been chasing had come back. To kill us. "What the-" They had all shifted and attacked us. Me and 3S had used our long ranged attacks to shorten the amount of nevi. They kept coming and coming. Until they began to freak. "This can not continue." They said. "This can not continue." They repeated. "This can not continue." They stacked themselves onto each other and froze. "This can not continue." The formed a sphere in the air and something came out of it.

Me and 3S took a step back. "Arg, AGH!" A... child stood up and began to attack us. He had orangish skin and strange lines across his body. "Must. Kill. Androids." It said. "5B! Watch out!" 3S threw out his arm towards the machine. "Gah!" 3S held his hand to his head. "3S!" I used my gravity field to throw objects at it. "Goddamnit!" 3S stood up strait and tried hacking again. "Hiya!" I kicked as it tried to attack 3S.

"5B! Now!" We grabbed our melee weapons and stabbed the humanoid machine from front and back. We backed off from it as it fell to the floor. "Huff. Huff. Finally." I sighed. A yellow glow escaped it's body only to form another. But different design. This one had short blue hair and paler skin. "Damnit! Not another one!" I clenched my fists. "5B, we have to go before the whole place turns to rubble."

3S grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the area. We ran through the tunnel we came from. "Alright. It's time to report to Lisa." 3S still had his grip around my wrist without realizing it. "Uh, 3S." I started. He looked at me with a confused look. I pointed to his hand and he let go. "S-sorry about that." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Hey Lisa." I waved. "Oh, 3S and 5B. Do you have the information about the nevi in the desert?" Lisa crossed her arms. "Yeah. Her." 3S transferred the data. "I see. This is quite interesting. I must say." Lisa replied. "Well, you two should rest. I have a mission for you two." She began to walk away. We looked at each other and nodded in response. "Let's get some rest." 3S and I went to the spare room and began to fall asleep.

  "5B! C'mon! The nevi are invading the camp!" I sat up. "Hurry! We must defend the camp!" 3S rushed over to a storage item and grabbed a sword. "I know you have strong but you'll need on of these to defeat a few of them." He placed down a spear and katana. "Heavy attacks and quick attacks." He pointed at the two. "Wait. Can I ask something?" I started. "Here." He ignored and gave me a few recovery items. "It can wait. Right now we have no time." 3S slammed the box full of items and stood up.

When I looked outside, I was terrified. 3S just ran out and began fighting. "5B!" Cola and her sister Kala both came up to me. "You need to hurry! The twins you showed us are the ones who sent all these machines." Cola informed. "Ok. Got it." I ran out and used my weapons given to me by 3S. The twins huh? The two machines that attacked us. I knew they'd be back. "Glory to machine lifeforms." A huge nevi machine slammed it's arms on the ground, almost hitting me. I stood there staring at it. I had to shift. It had six cores.

"Kill all androids." It began to raise it arms up again. "5B! Move!" I evaded the slam and ran up to it's knees. I jumped up and used the spear to slash it's core. It hopped in the air and slammed its feet, creating a shock wave. "Gah!" My vision instantly went grey and I could barely move. Was it that strong? "Use your recovery!" 3S called out.

I rose my arm and recovered myself. My vision was still kinda corrupted but I managed. If I couldn't defeat this one, then what are the odds of me defeating another? I was determined. "Hiya!" I placed another slash on the core. I shifted and used my magnet field to throw a few things.

I managed to shatter two cores on it's right knee and left arm. "Hah! Yes!" I enthusiastically threw my arms up. "Destroy all androids." It flipped over and stood on it's hands. It tucked itself in a pushed me back. "Gah! Ow. Not again." It started rolling. "3S! Watch out!" It rolled everywhere and almost hit 3S. "Hack it!" He nodded. "Pod A114S! Now!" He extended his arm like usual and began to hack.

It stayed as a ball and kept rolling. It ran over seven others and two androids. We had to hurry. I used my recovery unit and healed. "C'mon 3S, you can do it." I whispered. "Wow!" The nevi extended it limbs and it's cores shattered. "Hell yeah!"

"5B, you need to save that energy because there's still more to go." 3S used a recovery unit. I agreed. "Let's go." We took our weapons and sprinted towards the Nevi.
      To Be Continued
      End Of Chapter Three
         The Friendly Machine
              Coming Soon