The Friendly Machine

"It seems that more and more machines have been attacking the camp." Kala pointed out. "Yeah. Are you two alright after yesterday?" Cola had a worried face. I was laying down in one of the beds outside the room as so had 3S. I put my visor on and looked back at the sisters.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I sat up. "3S?" Cola tried to get his answer as well. I looked at him. "Huh?" He glanced over. He had bandages wrapped around his left arm and around his forehead. "Oh, yeah, I'm okay... I guess." He replied. "Good." Cola sighed of relief.

"What even happened yesterday?" I was curious. All I remember was charging at the enemy. "Oh, uh, an android by the name of A5 had helped us after you two lost consciousness." Cola answered. A5? Her? Yes! She might still be here! "But, afterward she had left and disappeared." Kala shrugged. Damn! She wasn't around. "A5, huh? I saw this in the guest room. She was wanted by EtO." 3S had the poster I found when I encountered her.

"She's just like 5B. With that crow she has, she can shift gravity herself." Kala said. "A crow? Wait, i gotta see what they're called for shifters. What model they are." 3S stood off the bed and looked at his pod. "A114S, what is the model that EtO unit A5 uses?" The pod moved in the middle of us four. It then said, "Data Obtained: EtO Unit A5 Wields A XI Model. Further Data: Unknown." XI model, huh? Hmm. What does it stand for.

  "She was here but I can try and access her black box signal." Cola pulled up her menu. "No, that won't work. If they're shifters like 5B, they won't have black box signals." 3S explained. "What even is a black box signal?" I asked. 3S reached in his bag he carried around and pulled out a strange cube. "This is a black box that carries a signal to track down another EtO android or see the status on them." I didn't know where mine could be. I know it wasn't a black box but I didn't know where my version could be. "You have something called a black panther mode. Your cat activates it." I looked at DT.

  "How do-" "And don't try activating it." 3S cut me off. "I didn't even finish my sentence." I was a little annoyed. "I knew exactly what you were going to say anyways." 3S handed off a smirk that made me want to punch him even more. "You two should head over to Lisa anyways." We looked at each other and nodded.

"Hey Lisa. You need something?" We walked up to Lisa. "Ah, yes. I have an old friend of mine that goes by the name of Misaial. Here's the location. I need you to ask him if he knows of those two kids you told me about." Lisa sent us the location of this Misaial guy. "Alright, you two head out, I have a camp to manage after yesterday." Lisa walked away.

  "Alright, judging from the given data, we must head to the... forest?" 3S eyed the map for a while. We continued walking. "Is that the forest?" I pointed to a bridge. He looked at his map and shook his head. "No, we continue forward actually." He responded. We ran to a wall of scrapped metal. Probably a way to guard the area. "We just have to move this. Here, gimme a hand." I went to the box and helped 3S push it.

"Phew, that was easy." I smiled as I rubbed my forehead. "Heh, yeah, now we must proceed on." We smiled at one another then looked back. "Let's go." I said as I bolted down the path. I slowed down to a walking pace as I began to admire the forest. "5B! Wait up!" I turned around and saw 3S running to my location. "Huff, huff, huff. Heh, you run... huff... q-quite fast." He used his knees as support as he tried to catch his breathe. "Someones outa shape." I giggled. He looked up and gave me a crooked smirk. 3S stood up strait and we continued walking along the path.

When we got there, we saw nevi machine lifeforms in a village. The nevi were painted white. I couldn't figure out why but I still knew what to do. Me and 3S grabbed our weapons. "Let's go!" We ran into the village. Were we set up? I grabbed my spear and pulled back my spear to swing at one of the nevi.

"Wait! We aren't like the rest of them!" A robotic voice said behind me. I turned around. It was humanoid like the other two. He had violet hair and golden eyes. "Don't trust what they say. Especially not this one!" 3S had an are in his hand and a small sword in the other. "No! Please! I beg of you! We aren't like those horrid monsters outside." The humanoid machine dropped to his knees. "5B." 3S gave me a stern look. "Mama. I'm scared." A monotone voice came from the nevi. Hugging another machine. "3S, what if they aren't lying?" What I said made 3S put the machine down. "Thank you!" Instantly after that, the machine stood up and wrapped its arms around me.

"You two were sent here by Miss Lisa?" It asked. Me, 3S and who we now know as Misaial, were all seated on the floor in a small hut. "Yeah, we were told to ask you about two other humanoid machines." I answered. "Hmm? Two others? I don't know anything about two others." Misaial didn't know about the twins? That's strange. "You sure you don't know of any others?" 3S leaned in a bit. "Nope, nothing. I thought I was the only on of my kind." Misaial shook his head. Me and 3S looked at each other. If Misaial didn't know of any other humanoid nevi machines, than what was the point.

  "Alright, c'mon 5B, we should go." 3S exited the hut. But I had a question. "Uh, Misaial?" I started. "Yes 5B?" "I need to ask you something before I leave." "Go on." He insisted for me to finish but 3S was inpatient. "5B." 3S didn't trust the area. He wanted to leave as quick as possible. "Geez! Wait a second will ya!" I snapped at him. I mean, could he not wait a single minute. "Why are all the machines painted white?" I finished. "Oh? Well, white stand for purity and we are against violence. Unlike the rest of us." Misaial sighed. "5B!" "I'm coming! I'm coming! Geez." I stood up and began walking out. "See you later androids!" I heard him say as me and 3S walked away.

After we had left the village, we felt something strange. "Ah!" The sudden movement of the Earth caused me to fall. "Are you alright?" 3S kneeled down. "What's happening?" Rocks started tumbling down and ashes and powder polluted the air.

  "I'm getting a call from Lisa." 3S stayed on the ground next to me. He answered the call and what we heard was shocking. "3S! 5B! A Goliath class enemy has appeared! I need you to...et...ou...A5..." Lisa's voice went muffled as the call disconnected. "Lisa?" 3S tried to get her back on but our communication systems went down. "Let's go, 5B!" 3S grabbed my wrist and ran to the City Ruins. "I bet it was that damn Misaial!" 3S assumed. I didn't want to think it was him.

When we had gotten there, we saw a ginormous monster. It wasn't even a nevi. It was formed with the city itself! "What the hell!?" 3S had terror in his eyes. So did I. I couldn't blame him. "Grr... 5B!" 3S looked at me. "What is it?" The ground moved again and I saw that the monster was moving. "I have a plan! Alright?!" 3S didn't tell me what it was. He bolted and I didn't know what to do.

  "5B?...B? 5...B! Can you...ere me?" I heard the statically words that had come from 3S. "Wait, the communication systems working?" I asked. It was a little obvious because of him. "Ye...ah... I'm ha...ndy... like that." Even though his voice sounded muffled and was filled with static, I was still able to hear a slight chuckle. "What's the plan?" It was just like him to run off without explanation.

  "I got...into...th...is...Et...O...unit and... I overload...ed... the firearm...sy...stem... I can pierce the Gol...iath...and after tha...t... you'll go in..." 3S explained. I got what he was saying and I made sure the Goliath didn't harm anyone. It was dangerous and kept walking. We had to destroy it. And fast. I waited for 3S to arrive and he did. "Al...right...now I need you t...o...harm it... enough so it will become...vulnerable..." Thanks Sherlock. Not like I didn't already know that. I started shifting then used gravity kick to harm the Goliath as much as possible. But nothing happened.

  "Huh?" I was confused. It swung it's arm towards me. Suddenly I felt a major pain in my entire body as I realized what had just occurred. I've been slammed into the ground. My vision was a tad hazy however. No, not a tad, my vision grew darker and grayer. It made it harder to know what in the world I was doing. And then... everything went black. Were my eyes closed?

"5B!" Who was calling me? I only heard my name being called to. I could feel my body trying to stand but failing. "5B?!" Even though they yelled louder, I could only hear it go quieter. "5b..."
To Be Continued
      End Of Chapter Four
       Pheonix
            Coming Soon
  This isn't my BEST work. I know. But I need to keep my Wattpad running for when I make more stories. Sorry if it didn't make sense as well. That's because I keep changing the last few chapters. I spent a ton of time on this. I'm not the best writer. Soon I'll be going back to school so I won't have as much time. Especially as a ninth grader.