Lets catch up

Sierra's POV 

I've stiched myself up many times, I consider myself an expert. I was stiching up Jakes wrist and he had a death grip on my arm. His bruised face was covered in cold sweat. After I was done I decided Jake was in no condition to go home so he stayed the night. And because it's Friday mom and Noah were at the hospital, he has to go every friday until monday.

"So what do you want to do?" He thought about it.

"Lets catch up." 

Jake's POV

I could tell by the way she tensed up that she didn't like my suggestion. I decided to ignore that. I could tell she was going to be asking more questions about me than I would like. I wanted to know who Mark was, and why she knew him. She beat me to it. 

"So how was military school?" I internally groaned.

"The best military school can be." She raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Fair enough." This time I beat her to the question, 

"How do you know Mark?" I could tell I hit home, her eyes glazed over and she got a very stern look on her face. I saw her jaw clench. 

"He is my brother." I didn't have a response. I just stared in awe. She continued on with her story. 

"He is my abusive older brother, he used to." She paused and looked at me like she didn't trust me, but she continued. "He used to beat me, not like the older brother type of beat up. The I'm going to kill you type of beat up. It started in 7th grade. If he would ask me to do something and I didn't do it he would slap or push me. Then he started to do it for no reason at all. Then the beatings got really bad. He would whip me." I took a deep breath and she continued. "He whipped me in very strange ways, he would whip me so that his belt left little pattern on my skin. He called it art." She had a very venomus tone. "He also used to cut me. Though he only left a scar twice." She rolled up her shirt and on both of her thighs there were strange little patterns that had gotten carved into her skin. I didn't know what to say. "My parents didn't call the police because Mark is big in the gangs. And they were scared something was going to happen to them if they called in." That made me want to puke. How could they? Their own daugther getting beat by their son, absolutley disgusting. "Finally I called in despite my parents protests, and I got Mark arrested." I let out a sharp breath. 

"Sierra I-" She held up her hand. 

"Don't pull the pity card on me, I hate it. Also don't treat me differently. I'm not sick or disabled so don't act like I am." All I did was walk up and hug her. Her head fit perfectly in the crook of my neck. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was home.