five

[and laugh until our ribs get tough, but that will never be enough]

~**~

Liam’s head was tilted against Harry’s car door, his warm breath fogging it up when he sighed. They were about five blocks from Josh’s house and the car ride was quite settled with the occasional outbursts from Niall and Louis.

Niall plants his two short legs over Liam’s lap, his smirk very visible. The thing about Niall was that he never liked silence. He was almost afraid of it. He would do anything to get a measly laugh or kick out of anyone, and he did it quite well.

Liam tries not to smile, but to no success he cracks a dimmed grin.

“There’s that smile, Paynie.” Niall pinches Liam on the cheek and the taller boy just rolls his eyes.

“Oh shut up Ni. Now get your heavy legs off me. You’re not exactly a light weight you know.”

“My poor feelings are hurt. Oh no!” teases Niall sarcastically. Niall seemed unaffected by the small insult. His weight wasn’t a touchy subject. Like most boys, he didn’t care for reading a nutrition label or counting calories and definitely could care less if he was a size two in jeans.

“We’re here!” cheers Louis who looks down realizing he was holding Harry’s hand the entire way there; he pulls away gently. Louis really didn’t want to get himself into the mess you call a relationship because he wasn’t committed to anything in life and feared he would be unfaithful. If there was anything he hated more in life, it was cheaters. Louis’ father actually cheated on his own mother Johannah when poor Louis was only thirteen. Him and his mother were coming back from a trip to the grocery store when they walked into their flat to see Troy getting intimate with a mistress of his from work. This resulted in an immediate divorce and to this day Louis swore he’d never cheat on anyone. Instead, he preferred to be a slut who took Harry’s cock every once in a while; no feelings attached.

Harry turns around in his seat to face Liam and Niall, the polyester squeaking along with his movements. “Listen up you two; I don’t want any funny business to happen. Niall, control yourself. We all know what happens when you take one shots too many.”

Niall’s mouth gapes as he makes a stunned face. “Are you calling me a drunk, Harold?”

Harry face palms himself. “Do we have to go over the incident last year? When you walked around at Nina Garcia’s party drunk flashing your ass to everyone.”

Louis cackles at the memory while Niall just rolls his eyes. “What? My ass is magical, and I was doing everyone a favor at that party. At least they all got some sort of action. Sober virgins…”

Liam jokingly pats the blonde’s back for support. Harry then turns his attention to Liam. “And Liam… Just, don’t be weird. Keep it cool. That’s why you have that creepy Zayn Malik kid to keep you busy—”

Louis slaps Harry on the shoulder while an angry glare. “What was that for?!” asks harry in the middle of rubbing the reddening skin.

“Be nice! Zayn is not a creep, okay? Now let’s just get wasted, yeah?” suggests Louis with sympathetic eyes because he felt for Zayn. He knew of the boy’s troubled bullying past and didn’t like how Harry was talking about him.

Liam just stayed quiet but was choking Harry on the inside. He never really knew why he was friends with Harry in the first place, and only was out of respect for Louis who didn’t want to admit he has feelings for Harry. There was no other reason in hell he’d put up with his douchey behavior.