Chapter 30

Three hours later, I'm hooked up to an IV pump in the hospital.

"So, you've got the flu... and alcohol poisoning all at once." Belle sighs as she sits on the edge of the hospital bed.
"I hate life." I groan.
"I'm sorry. But in three days everything will be better. You'll be in recovery." She softly smiles.
"I just wanted to come home and be with you and kiss you all over and it's all ruined." I whine.
"I'm not going anywhere okay. It's just postponed..." She rephrased it.
"You can't even kiss me." I pout.
"Can you shut up and stop being negative and just let me take care of you like a good girlfriend?" She rolled her eyes playfully.
"I can't even do the cliché thing where you tell me to shut up and I tell you to make me and then you kiss me." I joke.

Belle bites her lip before scooting next to me and kissing my cheek.

"It's not ideal, but it'll do." I sigh.

Her shocked face was priceless.

"Don't you ever utter words like that to me ever, Hemmings." She shoves my chest.
"I'm kidding, babe." I wrap my arms around her.
"I love you so much, you know that? I don't know too many girls that would watch their boyfriend violently vomit like that and then still think they were cute enough to cuddle with." I play with her hair.
"I do that because I love you too. I know you'd do the same for me." Belle smiles up at me.
"We're in a really good place. We've survived telling both of our families about us—especially Michael—I didn't cheat for once in my life, and you're taking care of me when I am disgustingly sick." In this moment, as horrible as I feel, those facts made me feel a little better.