Chapter 14: A Proper Date

Chapter 14

A Proper Date

The kiss is long. Too long. It leaves me wanting more and wanting to pull him by his shirt back into me. But, I don't, because my head is spinning far too much for me to even think about making my hands move.

"So Joey, does this make us...?" I trail off realizing that perhaps it doesn't and he's not thinking about that at all.

"Boyfriend and girlfriend?" He fills in the rest of the sentence and the idea makes me grin. I nod and he smiles back at me and his crooked jaw makes me want to lean forward and leave a trail of kisses all around it. "Yes, if you'd like I mean."

I grin. "Yes, if you're asking I mean."

Joey jumps up suddenly and I watch him curiously as he grabs our two untouched coffees.

"What are you doing?" I ask while following him. He throws the two coffees into the trash and I slightly cringe at the waste of precious drinks, but I shrug it off as I watch Joey talk.

"To lunch of course."

I furrow my eyebrows at that, "Why can't we just eat here?"

"We need a proper date," Joey says and once we are out of the café his hand finds mine and we become entangled as one.

As we walk with Joey slightly ahead leading me in the right direction, I focus on the fact that I have a boyfriend. The word is just enough to make my hair stand on edge, in a good way—in the best way possible.

I try to remember how it felt when I first started dating in high school; does it always feel like this? But, I can't remember. All I remember from that relationship is heartbreak.

Joey's hand seems to fit perfectly into mine and I can't imagine ever holding hands with anyone else when his are so warm and molded perfectly.

"What do you think everyone's going to say?" I ask him curiously. He shrugs acting as if he hadn't thought about it, but I'm sure he has. "Meredith is going to flip." I laugh at the image that comes to mind as I think about telling her.

Joey gives a small smile at that. "Same goes with everyone else. Especially the guys." He mumbles the last part and I nod in agreement.

We approach an Italian restaurant with a swing in our steps.

"Is this good?" He asks and I stare at the expensive restaurant that has diamond chandeliers hanging and the giant glass door beckons me forward.

"Is it not too much?" I can't help myself worry about the prices, but he shrugs.

"It's out first date, there's no such thing as too much."

I shake my head at that, but allow him to open the door for me and I waltz in. The room is dimly lit and the tables all have a maroon table cloth with a candle on top.

"Table for two," I hear Joey's voice speaking to the hostess, but I can't focus on it. The restaurant is stunning and I'm mesmerized. I hear the faint sounds of water splashing which instantly makes me perk up wanting to find the waterfall that surely has a pond with it and fish.

I feel Joey's hand reach again for mine and I allow him to take it and drag me to our table while I'm still in a deep trance.

"It's beautiful," I murmur to myself and thankfully Joey doesn't hear me.