Chapter 5

Yusra's p.o.v
   It was already evening when Muktar dropped me at home. Immediately i entered the house, I went straight to my bedroom, and prayed the prayer I have missed. Then, I lay on my bed with my head facing the ceiling . I was trying to get rid of my temper but I soon slept off.
The next day was kind of a terrifying thought not that much.it was already  afternoon as I went to the kitchen to prepare lunch . I was done when I heard a knock on the door. My younger brother Ahmed, rushed to open the door. It was Aunty Hadiza (my mother best friend ). I told him to call ammi since I was busy in the kitchen.
In a few minutes, ammi and Aunty where in the palour gisting , so I went to the palour to the spaghetti that I made. I dropped it on the dinning table and I went in front of her, knelt to and greeted her
Me: Aunty inawoni (good afternoon).
Aunty: yusra yaya kike (how are you ).
Me:lafiya, Aunty  I have finished my baking class was last week.
Aunty:Alhamdulillah, i am proud of you yusra, you finished both your secondary and university successfully and now you are done with your backing class, now the only thing that we want from you is to bring out the right man and get married. And I bought a gift for you .
She bought out a small purple box wrapped and handed it over to me. I thanked her and she responded with a smile.
I quickly went to my sister room to check on her . Since after the fight, she has been in her room and didn't talk to anyone, if I don't talk to her ammi will suspect that something happened yesterday and I don't her to be worried. When I opened the door to her room, I met her on her bed crying immediately she heard the door opened she turned to look at me, I work toward her and sat down beside her.
I'so sorry", she began , I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I promise you it will never happen again, I'm sorry ya yusra ", it alright I said and hugged her. Now if it was ammi that opened the door what would you have told her, she still does not know what happened . I understand and I have forgiven you, now just go down stairs and greet Aunty and ammi cause she has been asking for you.. I will bee waiting for you".
When she left I went back to my room, prayed and and picked up my phone and I saw that I got a call from ruqayya. She has was my friend since childhood, we have didn't the same primary , secondary school university.and her father and Abbi both work in the same place
Me: ruqayya how fa?
Ruqayya :fine, Muktar told me what happened to you and Amal yesterday
Me: wallahi I still don't know how to tell ammi but I will look for a perfect day and tell her everything. I still believe that people like that guy still exist in this world.
Ruqayya:you just have to deal with it. Maza yanzu si ahankal.
Me:noo this one was different , he was so rude and you know how I hate rude people.
Ruqayya:abeg just forget About him since you know that you will never see him in your life and I am inviting you to my birth dinner tomorrow by two
Me: insha Allah I am going to come .
Ruqayya:ok bye
I switched on my laptop to watch fault in your stars, the movie was so interesting that I didn't even notice when Ahmed came into the room ."ya yusra abbi is back and he is calling you that you should come to his room now".
I quickly put on my tied my veil on my head and I went to him room. I knocked on the door and abbi asked me to come in. Immediately i entered the room and I saw I ammi here too.
Me: abbi Ina woni (good afternoon)
Abii:lafiya yusra. You know that you are not a child any more. You are done with you your university. And now you are a responsible person. I believe you can take care of your self even when me and your mother are not around.
I felt my heart heart beating so fast but I didn't know why. Get to the point , i through anxiously.
Abbi:you know the best thing a father want from his is to daughter getting married and living a happy marriage Life. Actually, me and your mother have been thinking about getting you married. You know your Aunty came right?
Me:yes
Abbi: good,she gave us a very good advice,that why not you and her son get married
The shock came as quickly as a lightening, I didn't know what to say. I haven't met , neither do I want to get married to a stranger. Who would want to marry someone he has never met before. I really really want tell him NO! but I have no opinion but to agree.
Me:Abbi if you say so, then it is okay by me.
Ammi:I am really happy for you yusra, I am sure that you and her son would be a nice couple. I would call her and let her know that you agreed .
Abbi:so this is the reason I called you so, now you can go.
I stood to my feet and left the room. A lot of thought came to my head like,I have never seen this Aunty son, I don't how he look neither do I know his character. How am I sure that I am going to get along with him.
I climbed my bed and I started sobbing. Why must my life be life this, I don't want to leave my family at least not now. Soon, I heard my phone ringing and it was Muktar. I wasn't in the mood to talk to any one but I had to pick the call .
Me:hello
Muktar: hello yusra, I hope are not still angry about what happened yesterday.please don't keep the grudge against your sister,she didn't know what she was doing and you should forgive her please for my sake.
For some minutes, I sat listening to him without responding. Sobbing gently at the other line, I didn't want him to know that I was crying so I just kept clam and I continued listening.
Muktar:hello, yusra are you there! hello!
I couldn't contain myself any longer so I broke in tears
Muktar:yusra please tell me what is wrong, I know you can't be crying about yesterday's incident. Please tell me, I am here for you .
For some seconds I was trying so hard to stop crying and tell him what happened. So, I took up courage and managed to narrate to him about Abbi's decision of me marrying Aunty's son . The fact that made me cry was that how can Abbi agree to this nonsense .
Muktar:yusra don't worry I am going to sort thing out, trust me .
Me: Muktar you don't need to worry about me ,I'm okay.
Muktar:then why are you crying?
There was silence for some minutes because I didn't know what to say, then he broke the silence.
Muktar:yusra I'm coming to see you
Me:but Muktar
Muktar:that final
Then he cut the call