Chapter Seven

Hey guys, so here's a short chapter. 

Enjoy :))

I was woken up by the sound of the moaning of the dead. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my gun. Slowly, I looked out the window. The house is surrounded by zombies. I studied our surroundings,

"Should we bail?" I gasp and jumped around and pointed my gun  only to see Emily leaning by the door.

I sighed heavily "You scared the living shit out of me" I hissed at her. I took deep breaths to calm my heart beat.

"What are we gonna do tomorrow?" she asks walking towards me.

"I guess we're gonna be here for a while" I said.

"Why?"

"We'll scan our surroundings. Find a moving vehicle, gather some food, clothes etc"

She nods.

"Get some sleep" I instructed her.

"I can't" I nodded.

"Me too" I answered her taking a seat at the edge of the bed. I looked down my hands.

"Nightmares?" I nodded. "About mom and dad?"I stiffened at the sound of their names. I could feel warm tears in my eyes. I looked up to see Emily had shed her tears already. She made her way to the bed and sat down beside me.

"Yes" I whispered almost inaudible.

"Me too." She took a deep breathe and closes her eyes. "I miss them" I can see fresh tears pouring down her face.

"I know" I whispered closing my eyes. When I opened them again, tears won't stop coming out. 

"I can't believe that I was angry at dad when he died." I whispered to Emily as I bring up the past. "I kept cursing on him, that I didn't even became grateful to him. And now he's dead, and I didn't even try to save him." I bowed my head in shame. I can't believe that I didn't even got to say sorry to him. "What kind of daughter am I?"

I felt someone hug me.

"Don't say that." she said. I looked at her. "We can still save them if we find this stupid ingredient for the cure" she smiled at me. I smiled weakly at her. She's right

"You're right" I whispered.

"There's still hope, Cass'' she whispered to me and got up. 

Yes, there is still hope.

The night passed by slowly and to my surprise I've been able to get some shut eye. Before going downstairs I checked our surroundings. There are only a few zombies roaming, which is good news.

I went downstairs and saw Emily sitting on the dining area.

"We don't have a lot of food" she stated.

"Yeah, I know. That's why we'll head to the nearest store and gather as much as supplies we can get." I said placing my hands over my chest. She nodded.

After an hour or so, I opened the window in my bedroom.  Fresh air welcomed me with open arms. I closed my eyes .

 "How many are they?" Emily asks her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't know. Five, six?" I said and looked at her. "Maybe more" I shrugged.

"When are we leaving?" 

"Soon. Get ready" I watch her leave the room. I let out a long, tired sigh before standing up.

I grabbed my backpack which has only one bottled water and two cans of jerk beef, just in case we couldn't make it back. After rechecking my things I heard footsteps.