Chapter Thirteen

We quietly enter the abandoned Laboratory, gripping our weapons. My heart was beating so fast and my palms were sweating. The laboratory was quiet only our shallow breathing and heavy footsteps can be heard. 

We entered a large room and closed the door. It smells like medicine in here! Ugh I hate medicines. They taste like feet with color.

"Okay.... How do we find that cure?" I asked studying my surroundings. I had to cover my nose to prevent myself from doing anything disturbing.

"What color is it anyway?" Emily asks holding her nose too. I wouldn't blame her though it smells like feet and corpse in here.

Nathan was silent for a moment, like he was remembering something.

"Pink" I coughed loudly.

"How do you know that? And couldn't they made a better color for that thing?" Emily joked. My smile vanished when I saw Nathan serious.

"I heard them talking on their phone when the scientists got over ran. They said something pink followed by some numbers. The only number I remembered was, 8" He finished and turn to look at us. Both of us were looking at him.

"What! Call me an eavesdropper but it's not my fault!" He said defensively. I shook my head.

"Can we get out of here first?" Emily pleaded. I looked at her, she was turning pale by the minute.

"But where do we find that?"

"It's a cure. They must have placed it in a safe place" 

We were walking down an eerie hallway when I heard something. I stopped and looked behind me. Thinking it was only my imagination I shook it off and began catching up with Nathan and Emily. I was about to ask them if they heard it too when Nathan stopped in his tracks. I slammed into his back and fell to the ground.

"Ow!" I hissed at him but quickly stood up when I saw his shoulder was tensed.

"What it is" I whispered, barely audible.

"Shh!" He whispered. I listened to our suroundings. I don't hear anything! I was about to whine to Nathan to move when I heard it. Shuffling followed by a few gurgling moans.

My breath hitched in my throat. I took slow steps back. Emily raised his gun and I stopped him in time before she could pull the trigger.

"No!" I whisper yelled. "You'll attract more of them" I turn to look at Nathan but something pulled me and Emily into a dark corner.

"whifhaht hhef" My muffled voice echoed through his hands.

"Shh!" Nathan whispered angrily. I stopped struggling and listened to the sound of limping and shuffling. 

My heart was beating so fast, not because of the zombies but because of our "position" Nathan was still covering my mouth so he was like hugging me. His breathe was fanning my neck. And I wasa having a very hard time not to let out a sigh. After a few very agonizing minutes he finally releases his hand from my mouth and I struggled not to pout, or frown.

For the past few weeks I noticed that everytime I got close, have contact or even look at Nathan I get this weird feeling inside of me. Everytime he looks at me I suddenly feel very self concious, which is very rare to happen to me. 

Maybe I was starting to like him?

I shudder at that thought....... Okay, okay, I'll admit, I did have a crush on him, before. Okay let me rephrase that. I think I was starting to fall for him, which is a very bad idea. Normally it would be stressful because he's my best friend but hello? Zombie apocalypse happening here? So it was a bad idea, and what if something bad happens to him? I might get broken and it will affect me and Emily.