Chapter Twelve

"No! Emily! No!" I cried hysterically. She growled at me and made her way towards me. I closed my eyes and slid down the door. I can't, I just can't. I shook my head as tears rolled down my cheek.

"No Emily! Emily!" I closed my eyes.

"WHAT?!" Emily shouted. I opened my eyes and saw Emily emrge from one of the aisles and stabbed the zombie. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. 

I sniffed back my tears "I- I thought she was you" She snorted.

"Did you expect me to wear that kind of dress?" I looked back at the girl and noticed that she was wearing a fluffy dress with puffed sleeves. Emily never liked those kind of dresses.

The zombies pounding on the door brought me out of my thoughts. This door won't hold them much longer.

"Is there a back room?" I ask Emily hoping that there is. She shook her head no. The zombies pound harder on the door and my feet are nearly slipping. I look from side to side and looked up and then I saw it. There's a bunch of thick looking tubes that I don't know what it's called.

"There" I pointed using my head. "Get the bags and climb up"

"What about you?" 

"I'll be fine. Hurry" I watch Emily pick up the bags and climb the shelves. This won't be hard. I thought to myself. As a matter of fact it won't be that hard. I just have to run real quickly and try to climb on the shelves as fast as I could.

Emily looked at me when she reached the top. I nodded and so does she. I took deep breaths trying to even my racing heart. Get it together now Cass, one slip and you're done. I shook those thoughts and took one last breath. I opened my eyes and quickly ran to the nearest shelves. I heart the door break letting in the dead.

I pick up my pace and began climbing the shelves. I heard some gunshots guessing it was from Emily. I was nearly at the top when I felt something grab me. I screamed not because it's a zombie but because of how gross the feeling was. I tried kicking it only to get my foot stuck inside its' head again.

I groaned out of frustration. What is it with my foot getting stuck in their head?! I looked down and the sight made my heart jump. They were climbing, well most of them stumble back down but several of them are actually climbing.I tried shaking off the zombie and fortunately, it came of. 

I was about to grab one of the tubes when my foot stepped on something squishy, and then the most unfortunate thing happened. I slipped. Yup I slipped. 

My scream was cut of when I felt something grab my hand. I opened my eyes and saw Emily. I breathed out a sigh of relief and watch her as she grunted while pulling me up. I took a seat beside her, while watching the zombies climb a few shelves then fall back down.

"Thanks" I panted.

"No biggie"

There was silence.

Then more silence.

"Now what?" Emily asked.

"We uh wait?" 

She sighs but doesn't say anything. One hour has passed and nothing happened. Instead, the number of the zombies below multiplied. Stupid zombie moans must have attracted other zombie nearby. I let another few minutes pass before sighing deeply.

"We can't wait any longer!" I stated firmly.

"Well if you have a plan I'd love to hear it sis"

I looked around, from side to side, from above us and below us. There's no way out but the main entrance. Wait the door! It has no zombies near it because all of them are below us. This monsters are slow giving us a chance to make a run for the van and save Nathan. I'm just hoping that they're no more zombies outside, but I highly doubt that there might be.