Chapter 11

Blake's POV

It's been about a month since we last saw Anna or Evan.

Anna practically dropped off the face of the Earth, and Evan locked himself in his room after that night we saw her last.

The girls are upset because she promised that she wouldn't leave again, but I suppose it has only been a month and we might still see her.

Mother is worried about Evan, but not as much as she should be as a mother. She's more concerned about his royalty and how his coronation is coming soon.

"Blake honey would you please go and try to get Evan again, we need to practice!"

Here goes nothing. I walked up to his room and knocked on his door.

"Evan please it's Blake. Please let me in and worried about you." I whispered, worry clear in the tone of my voice. 

Evan's POV

I heard Blake, and I quickly put the small object that I have been weeping over the past month away. Just like I have been for the past month. Every time it feels like I get closer and closer to opening my bedroom door, but something stops me every time. (Miley Cyrus anyone?)

But this time. This one time, the feeling in my gut, that told me that somehow, she would be back, and back soon. When I opened the door to my bedroom, Blake just about fell on top of me, for he was pushing all of his weight onto my door. 

"Evan? Evan please tell me that you actually just opened that door, and I am not just hallucinating!" He begged, which was actually kind of hilarious. 

"Blake. I actually opened the door." I replied, hugging him tightly, as he cried, letting all of his emotions flow into one, in which it landed into my chest, as I held my older brother close and tight, not letting him be alone, nor would I ever again.

I did not want to be the one to cry, but of course my emotions got the best of me, and one by one, the tears broke free. Broke free of their silent hold. Broke free of the invisible dam keeping them at bay. Broke free from my eyes, blurring the sight of which I caused in front of me.

"She'll come back, Ev. I just know it. Now why don't we go for a walk down in the village, to clear your head." He offered, and I accepted, smiling slightly.

"Yes. Yes, that sounds great."

And so began my first trip outside since she came back. I immediately took in a breath, smiling more and more the further into town we got, happy to see the outside again.

As we were walking, I saw a familiar face. Yet for all I knew, she was a girl, in a blue dress. "Evan?" It was only when I heard her voice that I ran, and fast did I run. 

"Viv?" I asked, caught off guard. She bit her lip, looked to the side, focused her gaze back on me, smiled, then nodded.

A smile erupted on both of our faces and we wrapped each other in a huge hug. "I'm so sorry it took so long." She cried into my shoulder. Now here is where I got confused.

"Sorry what took so long?" I asked.

Viv gasped, and then an angry look replaced her calm features. "Wait. You mean to tell me that your mother did tell you! All this! You probably went through hell, based on the last time, all because your mother wouldn't tell you!?" She yelled.

"Viv, what was she supposed to tell me?" I asked calmly.

"That I was going for a free trial at a college for a month and if I didn't leave that night then I would have missed it! God Evan I am so sorry!" She explained, and suddenly it all made sense.

"Its okay Viv. I think she meant well. But before you go off to college in January, (it is now August) I want to ask you something."

I pulled out the object of my sorrow from my pocket and got down on one knee.

"Vivianna Marie Pullman, I have loved you since the day we tripped over each other in the woods. I loved you so much, still do, that I remember the exact outfit you were wearing. You had on a white, long sleeved crop top, a hot pink, knee length skirt with a black belt. Your hair was in a fishtail braid, and you had on fishnet tights and white pumps. Your makeup, although not needed, was dark red glossy lipstick , a smokey eye, and fake eyelashes coated in mascara. Vivianna, I hope this speech will help you understand that there is no greater person for me in the entire world, than you. You even make my grouchy older brother happy, and you get along well with my sisters. I have been honestly wanting to ask you this for a long time, but I couldn't find the guts to do so. And now, with you leaving for college to become who you deserve to be in January, I have to ask. Vivianna Marie Pullman, with my words, I declare my love for you, and my heart to you. I promise to love and to care for you. To never fight with you. To allow you to be whoever you want to be without question. You want to leave this place, then so be it. I'll move away with you. I lover you Vivanna with all my heart, whether you are Viv, or Anna, or just Vivianna, I will love you. So, Vivianna Marie Pullman, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"