Chapter 2: A New Start

I wake up at the sound of my mom opening the blinds. Light fills up the room and I'm forced to close my eyes.
It's so early. I'm not used to this.
"I want to go back to bed" was my first thought.
"School!" Was the second.
I immediately got out of bed and walked downstairs to the bathroom with my clothes. White shorts, dark red top, padded bra and my lovely Adidas.
I got dressed then washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. After I wen't downstairs to the kitchen to have breakfast. I was so happy and nervous at the same time that I wasn't mentally able to eat much: just a few biscuits. As soon as I didn't feel to continue eating, I went back to my room and starting putting makeup on.
A bit of mascara and a pastel pink lipstick. I'm good enough to put eye-liner and the rest on. It doesn't matter though, as long as my eyes are highlighted, I'm happy. I love my green eyes.
I prepare the last things before going outside.
I wait at the bus stop for five minutes then the bus comes. I find a seat because it's half empty. I search for some teenagers my age just to get ready a bit.
I see a particularly cute girl with long straight black hair and hazel colored eyes.
Another that's less cuter than the first one has dark brown wavy hair and dark brown eyes.
Then I see a boy. He's maybe a bit older than me. Really cute. Dark brown hair with gel and dark piercing blue eyes. At first I'm scared of this monstrous person, but then I get used to him and find myself liking those eyes. After a few minutes his head turns and those eyes pierce trough mine. I can't stand his glance any longer. I'm melting under his gaze.
"Calm down" I tell myself, but without success.
My face turns a dark shade of red and probably the boy notices it because he stares back out of the window.
The bus finally arrives at the bus stop near my new school.
"This is going to be difficult" I think "Not knowing anybody... they'll kill me".
I get off the vehicle and head towards the big scary building. I suddenly want to run back home and never see this school ever again.
It's full of teenagers. From the youngest ones like me to the oldest.
I've never been really good at having conversations with people so I don't know what to expect from my new classmates.
I enter the building and walk trough the corridors until I find my classroom. There are different groups of teens chatting to one another, it looks like they all know each other.
"This is going to be more difficult than what I expected" I think.
«Hi» Someone says.
I turn around to see the girl that was in the bus with me. Long black hair and hazel eyes.
«Hi» I say back.
«Sit here with me» She tells me. She's sitting near a window in the last row.
I sit down next to her a bit nervous. What should I do? What should I do?
«What's your name?» She asks me with a smile on her face.
«Stephanie. Yours?».
«Elizabeth Moore».
«Cute name» I say.
«Thanks» She exclaims «Yours too».
«Thanks» I say «What's your phone number?» I add.
«333 386 8379, yours?» She asks me.
«371 153 5673» I say while I write her number on my contacts.
«Good» She exclaims happily «Talk about yourself» She suggests.
«Oh... er... I'm Stephanie Low and I'm nearly 14 years old and I'm born on the 9th of July. My favorite colors are turquoise and black. I like snowy owls and I have a puppy named Speedy. I also have a sister, Isabel, which is nearly 11 years old. She's the exact opposite of me: big blue eyes and light brown hair. Er... I do karate, I'm a green belt and Synchronized Swimming, I'd like to do horse riding but it costs too much. I have a boyfriend, Albert, which is my same age but goes to a different school. Albert has dark blue eyes and dark brown scruffy hair» I explain «He's really sweet, too».
«Wow» She exclaims.
«Your turn» I say.
«Elizabeth Moore. 14 years old. My favorite color is lilac. I have a dog, Zach, and a cat, Luna. I also have a sister, Helen, she's identical and is 4 years old. I do volleyball since I was 9 and this year I decided to do tennis, too. I wish I had a boyfriend, but I don't. I used to be with someone called Lukas but we broke up because he was cheating» She explains sadly «Okay, I think that's it».
«Wow» I laugh. «I like you... as a friend I mean».
I found out that it was very easy to talk to Elizabeth because she's really funny and all. She reminds me of Celia and that's the kind of friend I'm looking for.
A few minutes later the teacher comes in, she must be about 40. She has two bags in one hand and a handbag in the other. She looks nervous too.
«Good morning class. I am Monique Sanders, call me Mrs. Sanders please. I'll be your english teacher and we'll have two hours during Monday morning. I tell you from the beginning that I don't like students that forget to bring their homework, and that they'll be severely punished. I don't expect the best of grades from most of you because in this period of time english will be very difficult... so... yeah that's it. Now I want you all to tell me your names, starting from the front» She says.
«Justin McMillan».
«Alec Wrong».
«Christian Forged».
«Tobias Four».
«Sally Needle».
«Erika Jay».
«Lisa Jales».
«Hanna Maril».
«Rick Rad».
«Jennifer Loren».
«Charlie Miles».
«Jupiter Miles».
«Elisa Tide».
«Luka Leit».
«Liesel Bath».
«Leah Art».
«Jacob Past».
«Stephanie Low».
«Elizabeth Moore».