Chapter 4: Never Enough

I wake up at the sound of the alarm I set on my phone the night before.
Today I choose my Adidas leggings and my dark red t-shirt from Scout because it's going to be a bit colder than yesterday.
Once I'm ready I go on the bus to school. I sit next to Elizabeth and pretend Tobias doesn't exist, exactly how he is pretending I don't exist.
We get off the bus 20 minutes later and by accident I touch Tobias' arm because I nearly tripped over as always.
«Be careful, Ste» Elizabeth warns me, «Do you always trip over?».
«Yes... I'm a bit clumsy» I say embarrassed, even because Tobias is right behind us.
«Yeah, I kind of found that out myself» She says.
«Shut up»
We both laugh.
«I like staying with you» Elizabeth tells me once we stop laughing.
«Me too» I reply honestly.
«Today we have French» She reminds me.
«No. I have Spanish» I tell her.
«Really?»
«Yes»
«Oh» She says. She sounds sad. I've never really liked French, I can't do anything about it.
I'm happy I'm doing Spanish even because I'm going to do it with Isabelle and Serena, my old friends.
«Anyway, Elizabeth...» I say «You gave Tobias my phone number».
«Oh, yes. I'm so sorry Ste, it's just that he was pleading me and I couldn't resist, he's so cute by the way» She says thoughtfully.
«Right. Don't do it with nobody else» I plead her.
«Sure, Ste» She promises happily.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I enter the Spanish classroom two hours later and see Isabelle and Serena chatting together. I go behind them and say «Boo», I scared them to death.
«I'm going to kill you!» Isabelle says laughing.
«Miss you too, Isa» I say.
I hug both of them before sitting on Serena's right.
«So, how's it going?» I ask them both.
«Nothing much. I've made two friends but one is a bit arrogant so I don't really like her» Serena explains.
«I've made lots of friends, but only one is kind» Isabelle tells.
«You?» Serena asks.
«Just a friend which is perfect, she's a bit like Celia, funny, kind, Tumblr, stylish...» I say «What about boys?».
«I've seen a few cute ones and there's this one in particular which is obsessed with me and I'm obsessed with him. His name's Ilia» Serena says smiling.
«I like a boy, Kamir, African» Isabelle says.
«Finally you like someone, Isa!» I exclaim happily.
«Yeah, hahaha»
«What about you?» Serena asks me.
«I'm with Albert, remember?» I say.
«Oh, right. Sorry» Serena says «But is there a cute one at least?».
«Yes. Tobias. He always follows me and he's really sexy but I don't think I like him a lot» I explain.
«Oh».
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
At the end of the lesson I'm about to go when Tobias comes to me. Serena and Isabelle are melting, I can tell they think he's really cute and sexy just like I told them.
«Can I talk to you?» He asks me.
«I need to go» I warn him.
«We both do. Don't kid» He whispers.
«What do you want, Tobias?» I ask exhausted. I really don't know what do to with him.
«Date. Just one. I won't let you down, I promise» He pleads.
Now I know what Elizabeth meant: when Tobias pleads it's practically impossible to say no.
«Fine» I say «Just one. But you're right: every girl falls for you... and I'm starting to fall into big trouble».
Then I get out of his eyesight and follow Serena and Isabelle outside of school.
«He is SO sexy, Ste» Serena says.
«I told you» I remember her.
«You did» She agrees nodding.
«I was thinking» Serena starts after a while «Would you want to come to my house for a pigiama party?» She asks me and Isa.
«I'd love to» I reply happily. Yes, I'd really love to. It would be nice to stay with Serena and Isa, even because Serena's house is perfect for parties. AND I know that they both love horror film just like me, so I ask «What film shall we watch?».
«'The Visit' or 'The Others'» Serena suggests.
«'IT'?» Isa asks.
IT. I've wanted to watch IT since I was a little girl. I hate clowns but I need to watch that film.
«And then after maybe Pretty Little Liars or Teen Wolf» I affirm.
«Definitely, yes» Serena says.
«That's set» I say.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
It is set that on Friday evening Isa and I will go to Serena's house for a pigiama party. We'll watch IT and The Visit, then, if we're scared, we'll watch PLL or TW.
I prepare my bag with my sister for our first swimming lesson then wait for my mom to take us there.
When we arrive our mom leaves us and we're on our own.
We go to the changing room and put our swimsuits on.
It's 3.30 PM, time to swim. My sister and I get in the swimming pool, where all the others are waiting.
«Hallo. Gather round, gather round» A male voice says «I am Mr. Schuße und ja, I am German. I vill teach you how to svim properly».
We start with some warm-up: going underwater for 15 seconds, swimming for a lap and stuff like that.
«Now let's start the real lesson: for this we need to be in pairs und I will choose them» He explains.
Isy goes with a boy her age. I'm the last girl missing, and there's a boy who's shoulders I can only see.
«...and you two together» He finishes.
The boy turns around and I nearly have a heart attack: it's Tobias.
Seriously?
No way!
Why does it always have to be him? I can't stand it anymore.
«You» I whisper angry.
«You» He says with the same tone, but jokingly.
«But why?» I ask myself.
«I'm asking myself the same thing but at least I'm happy» He says happily.
I roll my eyes: of course he's happy, he has to work with me.
Maybe I should just give him a try... as a friend, thought.