Imagine for dolantwins1Dx

Niall's POV

I am finishing up my last paperwork for the day when I noticed that Y/N, my girlfriend has not had a checkup in over 5 years. I decided that I should page my friends/doctors, to help me come up with a plan on how to examine her without causing her to panic, as she has a huge phobia of anything that is medical.

"Hey, you paged," Liam said, as Louis and Harry entered the room.

"Yeah, I just noticed that Y/N has not had a checkup in over 5 years, and you know how she is, she will not come to the hospital if she knows it's because she needs a checkup. So, what should I do."

"Why, don't you asked her tomorrow to come in during lunch, as you have some free time and would love to spend more time with her. Once, she is here then you can give her a checkup and if you need any help just page us" Harry said. I decided that it would be the best way.

NEXT DAY

"Hey Y/N, I bought your favorite chicken caesar wrap. I am so happy, that you would spend your lunch with me" I said while wrapping her in a hug.

"That's enough Niall, what do you want? You never do this, if there isn't something that you want, so tell me." Y/N said.

"Well, here is the thing, I saw that you haven't had a checkup in over 5 years, and I just want to quickly get it done and over with. I know that you hate anything medical, but don't worry I will never hurt you. I love you Y/N." As soon as I said that Y/N started to freak out. I quickly put her into a hug and made sure that she was fully calmed down before continuing.

Y/N's POV

I can't believe that Niall, would do something like this to me. He knows that I am deeply afraid of anything medical, why can't he be a builder and not a doctor. Ughhhh.

"Y/N, I will start off really slow, with just taking your temperature, the thermometer will go under your tongue. It's nothing to worry about, I will be right next to you during the whole checkup" Niall said.

I know that he is trying to be protective and only do what he knows is best for me, but I can't and I don't want to do this.

The thermometer, is placed under my tongue, and I am slowly, but surely noticing my anxiety, rising, but I try to push through. I know that this is just the start and the thermometer isn't actually hurting me.

The next thing Niall wanted to do was check my nose, throat, and ears. I just couldn't do it anymore. My throat was starting to get more and more clogged up, I could barely see through my eyes, and I was panicking more. All of this was not helping anxiety nor my panic attack.

"Hey, it's okay, don't worry, you're okay," Niall said while having me in a hug. He puts my hand on his chest so that I can listen to his breathing while playing with my hair, he knows that it helps me calm down.

I remembered what I had previously been taught when dealing with panic attacks. The best thing for me is to close my eyes and just focus on my breathing. In and out, in and out, in and out.

I was also told to picture my happy place. I saw Niall and I, out in the backyard of our house, with our children playing on the trampoline. I can't wait until my happy place comes true.

"You are doing amazing sweetie, just continue listening to my breathing and copying it." Niall, continually encouraged me, while I was calming down.

After a while, I was calmed down and started to eat my wrap. Even my panic attacks can't keep me away from them.

"Y/N, I think you should go on anxiety medication, and then after a while, we can try this again. We will go your own pace and make sure you are 100% comfortable, before doing so. I love you Y/N. I never meant to do something that you didn't want to. I am just trying to look after you." Niall said.

I quickly agreed with him, wanting to no longer have to deal with these attacks and this checkup. I hope with these medications, I will finally be able to experience my happy place and further Niall and I's relationship.

"I love you too Niall"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am back, hope you guys liked it, please send in more request.

I have finally enough time to start writing more on a schedule, so what days do you guys want me to upload on?

Love you all, if you guys need someone to talk to I am here.

~S~