Prolouge

Edit: I'm fixing spelling/grammer mistakes and changing a few small things in a few chapters today. Expect a lot of notifications. (Again)

————

   "Hold on, I really can't take this!"

   "No, no. I want you to take it. You're the light in this painting. And I want you to remember me..."

   "How can I ever forget you someone like you? You're amazing!"

   "That's really sweet of you to say..."

   "Oh, here! I got you this, so you can remember me!"

   "Akira... I truly hope we can meet again soon..."

   Akira Kurusu rubbed his eyes when he heard his alarm clock. He sat up and brushed fluffy black hair from his face before turning the alarm off.

   "Bout' time you woke up!"

   A small weight shifted the bed and placed Akira's glasses in his hand. Akira put them on before stretching his arms over his head.

   "Hey, Mona..."

   "Hey, lighten up a little! Aren't you turning 18 in a few days?" Morgana said.

   "Well, yeah..."

   Akira slid out of bed and looked in his dresser for clothes.

   "Why do you seem so down?"

   The boy didn't respond to his cat. He had his gaze stuck on the painting on his wall.

   "How do you think they are

   "How do you think they are... it's been almost a year..."

   Even after a year, Akira was still adjusting to being away from the city and back in the country. He tried to get comfortable by doing gymnastics and dance again, like he did when he was younger, but just didn't feel right.

   "They're all fine! You'll see them soon enough!" Morgana said.

   Akira failed to respond again. He set his clothes out on his bed and started to get dressed.

   "Ok, ignore me! But I don't think your sister will—"

   "HEY AKIRAA~!"

    The raven  jumped and hurried to cover himself with his shirt; Morgona yowled and jumped five feet off the ground. Akira's younger twin sister, Anesa, kicked his door open with a beaming smile.

   "Anesa, what the hell?!"

   "Erin said to come downstairs for breakfast~! And you almost slept in again! Geez, Kira!" Anesa waved a hand as she wandered around the room.