Chapter Thirty Eight

"I'm telling you, Yusuke did something!"

   Makoto spoke in an exasperated tone. Haru sat beside her on the bed while Futaba and Ann were in sleeping bags close by. They used flashlights for light and spoke in hushed tones so Sae wouldn't hear in the other room.

   "He just looked so upset... and then he just smiled like he didn't have a care in the world and left..."

   "I don't think we should worry too much... I mean, he could've actually gone to run some errands!" Ann said hopefully.

   "I'm not trusting it..." Futaba said. "Are you sure you don't want me to message Ryuji, Mishima, and Mona? They should really be over there to keep Akira safe!"

   "No, we can't. Yusuke will know we're onto him, and that will just make him more violent," Haru said.

   Futaba groaned and puffed her cheeks.

   "I swear if I could I would—"

    The sound of footsteps echoed outside. The girls hurriedly turned off their flashlights and hid under their blankets, pretending to be asleep. Sae peeked into the room, scanning the area with her eyes. She made a small grin at the girls before shutting the door.

   "Is she gone...?" Futaba whispered.

   Makoto listened for Sae's footsteps to go away, and sat up.

   "Yeah, I think we're good..."

   She heard her phone vibrate. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw a text on the screen.

   'Last minute Palace entry, brace yourselves!'

  "Huh...? Jaehyun needs us to enter Akira's Palace..."

   "What, why?" Ann turned her flashlight back on.

   "I'm telling you! This must have to do with Yusuke!" Makoto whisper yelled. "How are we going to contain him...?"

   "Hey, it shouldn't be too bad! I mean, yeah right, like Jaehyun is gonna put Yusuke in the Palace after what happened last time!" Futaba said.

   Haru pat Makoto on the shoulder when she started to have a small panic attack. Makoto let out a breath and relaxed her shoulders.

   "Yeah... yeah, you're right..."

————

   "Why are you so shocked..."

   Akira started to hyperventilate when the male before him came closer.

   "I'm one of your biggest fears... so naturally I'm the one that would drive you insane..."

   "No... no...!" Akira began to slowly break down, "Why you?! Why are you doing this?!" He cried.

   Akechi wrapped his hands around Akira's neck slowly while bringing his face close.

   "Think about why you fear me... is it because I'm the one that nearly brought you to death...?" He slowly tightened his grip on Akira's neck; Akira's face was already becoming red. "Because you thought I was someone you could trust...?"

   Akechi made his voice deeper, almost speaking in a seductive tone.

   "... because... you had a forbidden lust for me...?"

   By then, tears were pouring down Akira's face. Akechi loosened his grip on his neck, allowing Akira to breathe.

   "I... I didn't want you to leave... I tried to help you... I swear I did...!" He gasped.

   Akechi put his hands on Akira's cheeks and leaned in as he were about to kiss him. Then the look in his eyes went from dull to violent.

   "You killed me..."

   The next thing Akira knew, he was pinned to the ground and sharp teeth were piercing into his neck. He let out a loud, blood-curtailing scream, loud enough to shatter windows.

   "NOO STOP IT, PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!!"

   Akira yelled as loud as he could, but only for Akechi to sink his teeth into his shoulder. Then he heard the voice...

   "YOU CAN'T JUST LET HIM WIN... THIS IS YOUR CASTLE... YOU MUST FIGHT BACK...!"

   "A-Ar... Ar...." Akira could barely speak.

   "I AM THOU... THOU ART I... CALL HIS NAME! CALL YOUR SAVIOR TO FREE YOU! CALL HIM TO SAVE YOU FROM THIS FATE!"

   Blood was already pooling beneath him. Akira felt his skin being pulled back by Akechi's teeth, and he wanted to cry. But he grit his teeth and made fists.

   "YUSUKE!!!"

————

   "Akira...?"

   Yusuke entered the room, carefully shutting the door behind him. He already checked on Pico; the baby was fast asleep with a pacifier in his mouth and a teddy bear in his arms. The artist sat on the bed close to Akira and carefully brushed hair out his face.
He was sleeping peacefully at the moment. Yusuke smiled softly before kissing his forehead. Right when his lips touched soft skin, something felt off.

   "Huh...?"

   Yusuke studied his lovers' face. Akira had a slight look of distress. He whimpered and his fingers twitched, as if he were grabbing for something.

   "How odd..."

   Yusuke leaned down and pressed an ear against Akira's chest, softly. All was silent, then he grunted and sat up.

   "Damn it, Akechi..."

   He put his forehead to Akira's and shut his eyes in concentration.

   'My dear prince... I'm here... I'm coming for you...'

   Akira suddenly became more relaxed in his sleep, his body going limp and calm breaths leaving his lips.

   'Yusuke... please... save me...'

   The artist laid beside his lover and held him tightly while shutting his eyes and relaxing himself.

   'I'm coming for you... my prince...'