Chapter Fourty-One

Yusuke took Akira to Leblanc as soon as he could. He had Akira sit in the attic space and told him to sleep. For once the raven went to sleep without protest; he claimed he was still tired.

   After that, Yusuke went downstairs where everyone was waiting. Makoto brought Sae this time, saying it was about time the situation was explained to her. They told Sae about the abuse Akira went through and background with his family. Then Yusuke explained to them about Anesa's death and her fathers' arrival. Sae looked baffled after the explanation.

   "So Akira has been going his whole life with abuse and the proper authority were never alerted...?"

   "Yes, we don't know why that is, but we assumed it was for a good reason," Makoto said.

   "I think it's for his research," Futaba spoke up. "My mom was killed because of her Metaverse research. I think if any legal action was taken, Jaehyun's work would've been confiscated, and something bad could've happened to Akira,"

   A grunt was heard. Sojiro was in the back washing dishes; he didn't want to be involved but he was listening to every word. Sae crossed her legs and folded her arms.

   "Well, before Anesa's father gets here, I'll have to try and do something. But with that aside," she looked at Yusuke. "You realize you're responsible for murder. Wether you did it because of Akira's influence or not, both of you could get into real trouble..."

   Yusuke kept a stern face and folded his hands in his lap.

   "Yes, I understand..."

    "Sis, you're not gonna rat them out are you?!" Makoto cried.

   "No, no. Anesa's father is our main issue right now," Sae stood from her seat. "For now, let's make sure Akira stays safe. All of you, go home for now. I'll be going by Akira's house to speak with his guardians..."

   They all wanted to protest, but obeyed under Sae's stern look and began to utter quiet goodbyes before pouring out of the café. Futaba remained in her place, but left once Sojiro shot her a look. Yusuke didn't leave. He stood and made a stern look.

   "I'm staying here," Yusuke didn't hesitate to speak. "I've seen the Hell Akira has been through, and I refuse to leave him!"

   Sae looked at him surprised. And then she let out a sigh and put a hand on his shoulder.

   "If I let you stay here, you have to promise not to cause anymore trouble. And maybe, just maybe, the murder can remain 'just a suicide'. Alright?"

   Yusuke breathed in and solemnly nodded. Sae gave a nod to him and turned away without another word. Sojiro walked out from behind the counter and made a look.

   "Keep our boy safe, alright?" He said. "Keep that door locked, and don't let in anyone you don't know..."

   "Yes, sir,"

   "I'm closing this place today so you'll be alone. There's curry in the fridge to heat up if you both get hungry. Stay safe,"

   Sojiro took his leave and Yusuke locked the door. He then went upstairs to check on his lover. Even in the light of day, Akira was fast asleep, snuggled against his sheets and breathing soft breaths. Yusuke sat on the bedside and smiled at the calming sight. He pulled the blanket up to Akira's neck and kissed his cheek.

   "Sleep tight, darling..."

   Yusuke looked at the room around him and couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He could almost see himself 2 years ago in this place—where the Phantom Thieves discussed their missions in Mementos, and had small parties and sleepovers. Yusuke looked at the small couch; a little bit of dust had collected over time. A small memory went through his head.