Chapter Fourty

'What happened...' Akira shivered as he opened his eyes.

   "Wasn't I just..."

   He sat up when he finally saw where he was. He was on a red velvet bed in an empty stone room; overlooking the bed was a large window with pure white moonlight shining down on him.

   "How did I get here..."

   Akira touched his head, but quickly drew his hands back. The chains on his wrists shackled loudly.

   "Ow!"

   He saw the feint bite marks lining his right shoulder and leading up his neck. Akira pulled his shirt collar down a bit to see scarred skin with stitches on his chest.

   "What the hell happened to me..."

   The sound of loud thumping echoed. For a second, Akira thought he could hear screaming too.

   "What...?"

   The door of the room opened.

   "You've awakened..."

   Akira's eyes went wide as soft hands gently cupped his face.

   "Yusuke..."

   The artist softly smiled and kissed Akira's lips. The raven stared amazed at the beauteous wings that were spread out behind his lover. He loved seeing those delicate feathers.

   "What happened... where am I... what was all the noise...?"

   "Don't worry..." Yusuke leaned close. "You don't need to worry about anything here... I'm here to keep you safe..."

   Another feint scream was heard. Akira recognized that one.

   "Ryuji...? What's going on—"

   Yusuke kissed Akira deeply. When he pulled away he wrapped his arms around his waist.

   "Sweetheart let's forget about all of this..."

   "What...?"

   "We could run away from here... we could be happy... just me and you..."

   Tears pinched at Akira's eyes.

   "Really? But... everything here..."

   Yusuke held his hands.

   "I can give you everything... I can make you happier than ever, darling..."

   Suddenly the room melted away. Startled Akira shut his eyes and clung to Yusuke. Then he felt a warm, gentle breeze...

   "Open your eyes, love~"

   Akira slowly opened his eyes. In seconds, his breath was taken away.

 In seconds, his breath was taken away