•Fourteen•

Cheers erupted around us as we entered the football field. Although we heard mostly praise, some booing did reach out ears. Percy led our team to the break room for our school, and walked to the front. We all stood around awkwardly, not knowing whether to sit on the benches or stay standing. My legs decided for me, however, and gave way from the stress. I sat down as calmly as I could, but on the inside I was freaking out. Luke was here, I saw him on our way in. Something about his smirk looked different though, but I didn't have time to consider what it was.

"Alright," Percy cleared his throat and motioned for the team to sit along with me. "Here we are. The ETOPE is right on our shoulders, and we are ready to win." He glanced at me for a second when I raised my hand. "Annabeth." He invited me to ask my question.

"What now?" There were a few confused looks in the room, describing perfectly how I felt. Percy looked away, as if debating on whether to tell us or not.

"The Titans... well, they're... they're ready. They've trained harder than us, put more time into planning than we have, and they have strength in numbers. If we're going to win, we've gotta want it."

Just then Silena Burst through the double doors, out of breath. "Percy-" she stopped. "Oh, I didn't know there was a meeting, sorry." She squeaked. I started to smile as in telling her it was okay, then Percy continued talking.

"Yesterday, Annabeth and I got news of their fighting formations. We know they'll be fighting in circular formation. Meaning, they'll circle us and trap us at the middle. There will be obstacles on the field we can use to our advantage, but remember, the main point is to defend the middle of the field for twenty minutes straight, without any titans entering the middle ring, and claiming the throne of bragging rights. We must defend what is rightfully ours."

Silena began to clap, and slowly everyone joined in. "That was a very accurate speech, Percy." She smiled.

"Well, it takes pressure to form the greatest treasures. Now," after everyone has stopped clapping he assigned our defensive routs. Each class, of about eight of us, would defend a different side of the field. Percy and I would stay in the middle watching, directing, and rushing to give help where it was needed. After our assignments had been made, a trumpet sounded and the crowd outside roared.

It was time for the games to begin.