•Seventeen•

Previously:

"Luke. It's about time."

_____

Yes, that much too familiar face came into view. I was so distracted and shocked to see him well and untried it seemed, that I didn't realize our forces were now down to just Percy, Thalia, Nico, and I. Luke's comrades circled us and the trophy, while I stared on. My tranced gaze fell to his mouth where a smirk played on his lips.

I shook my head and snapped out of my shock. They were here to take what was meant to be ours. And I wasn't letting that happen. Slowly, I backed up to Percy and my gang as they had begun to circle the center of our field. The enemy stepped forward and our swords and daggers clashed like hail on a metal roof.

But it was just too much. "Luke!" I screamed as he punched Thalia in the ribs- she went down. I turned, it seemed in slow motion, to see Thalia fall, Percy get thrown to the ground, and Nico collapse.

It was only me.

Luke turned on me as his mates, with wild smiles, grabbed their prize. Cheers erupted all over the stadium and my school mates hung their heads in shame.

My old enemy, slow and determined, walked to me. I backed up but he reached his hand out to grab my waist.

"Stop-" I panicked but was too weak to do more than that, I braced myself for what ever would come next. . . But nothing did. My eyes cracked open to see Luke on the grass, knocked out. Percy, standing over him, wore an outraged expression.

Then he turned to me and looked at me with something I'd never seen in him. What is. . . What is he thinking?

I got my answer when he took Luke's place of gabbing my waist. Although, he wasn't threatening like Luke had been. His touch brought safety and clarity to my mind, but apparently not enough to clear all of it because the next part is a bit fuzzy. . .

Wahahahaha cliff hanger...