•Sixteen•

The Titan forces had receded for the time being, it seemed, which meant I had a good opportunity to get back into the games and help my team. Slowly, and surely, I made my way to Percy where we were on water break.

"Annabeth, what are you doing? You're in no condition to fight." Percy looked concerned but stern, and I knew I'd have to argue with him.

"I'm fine. It's only a bruise, plus it's my left arm. I can still hold a dagger with my right hand." I waited for his response, and when he responded, it surprised me.

"Fine. We need all the help we can get. Just please, don't hurt yourself."

I smiled at him. "I'll be careful."

"Excuse me?" A familiar voice broke our silence and both Percy and I turned around. There was Thalia, tall and fierce. "I heard my old school needed some enforcement."

"Thalia!" I gave her a crushing hug and Percy gave her a high five.

"Thanks Thalia." Percy said. "Anyone we can get is helpful."

"Yeah well, I had a day off of work, so I figured, what the heck, I'll help out."

A horn blew signaling the games were back in action. "Okay team," Percy yelled over the noise. "Remember what your assignments are! And fight bravely. We will win, if we have grit and passion! For Goode!"

Many voices echoed "for goode!" And we split off. Percy, Thalia, Nico, and I were guarding the very middle, where only the best of soldiers were bound to make it through the forces. We waited for a sign of attack, and suddenly.... It came.

"Luke." Thalia growled. "It's about time."