bowling

"we should go bowling." tyler said, laying on josh's carpet and looking up at the ceiling.

josh had been on edge since that night, jumping at even the smallest noise around him. tyler had been acting like it didn't exist, that josh couldn't die at any moment during a full moon, but the more tyler didn't talk about it, the more worried he got.

now he wanted to go bowling?

"josh, a full moon isn't for another month. it's fine." tyler said, as if he could read josh's thoughts.

"don't they come out every night?"

"yes, but they won't bother us until next month."

josh sighed, shaking his head.

"let's go, then, i guess."

"your aura's pretty sad. are you alright?" tyler asked, titling his head.

josh shrugged, grabbing his keys from his desk.

"listen to me," tyler grabbed josh's wrist, making him turn around to face him. "i'll do everything i can to protect you. i'll get you out of it, i promise."

josh stared at tyler's little smile when he said that, returning the gesture and rolling his eyes. "alright. just be safe, okay?"

"okay." tyler nodded, kissing josh's cheek and leaving out the window.

josh held his fingers to his cheek, forgetting that they were dating now.

he wasn't sure if tyler understood what dating was, or maybe he did and josh was just the odd one out. either way, holding hands and kissing each other was something josh wouldn't have guessed would happen when tyler showed up, but he wasn't complaining.

tyler was adorable.

he left, telling his mom he was leaving for the day, before unlocking the car and getting inside of it.

"how do you bowl?" tyler asked, looking in the passenger's mirror at his teeth.

yup, still awful.

"i'll show you when we get there. why are you looking at your teeth?" josh backed out of the driveway and began the ride to the bowling alley.

"they're ugly. i want normal teeth, like yours." tyler pouted, poking his fang.

"they're not ugly. i think they're cool. it's different. remember what you said about being different?" josh asked, holding out his hand for tyler to take, in which he did.

"that it's the best out there."

it was his turn to blush now, staring out the window, his fingers locked with josh's. josh stopped at a red light and looked over, seeing that same pink tint that took to tyler's cheeks the first night they met, and he noticed his hair had grown a little longer.

it was nice.

"why are you staring?" tyler asked, still looking out the window.

"uh...i'm n-not." josh said, mentally slapping himself and driving when the light turned green.

"alrighty." tyler said, a small smirk on his face.

in a curtain of comfortable silence, the only sound being the engine of the car, tyler held josh's hand up to his mouth, kissing it softly. he's seen people do that before; apparently, it was a gesture you do to someone when you like them. josh only blushed, looking at tyler with a smile, his heart beating a mile a minute just from that one thing tyler did.

that was when he decided tyler would surely be the death of him.