8. Alexandria

Dear Mr. Mystery,

I love Call of Duty, I think my roommate is tired of me playing it constantly while she's trying to revise. I'm guessing that something we love to do that we have in common is reading. That was a bit of a no brainer though.

I'm not sure what to ask you then. Are you in any clubs, and if you are, which ones? I'm only in choir and newspaper.

I'd rather not talk about my family and my life before coming to the UK. I loved California, but I'm glad to be away from there. Maybe one day, after traveling, and curing my wanderlust, I'll be able to go home and settle down like my parents expect me to. I'm sorry about your childhood, but you were wrong about mine. I wasn't spoiled or even close. Even if they could I doubt they would've. I had what I needed, and for that I am thankful, but I never had freedom, or maybe I just felt like that during my rebellious years. I was constantly told what to do ,and if not, what I was supposed to do was implied. My parents never actually liked the idea of me becoming a writer, it was doctor, nothing else was excepted.

Are you trying to blackmail me into social interaction? I'll have you know I used to be a very social person. I was actually quite popular, but I'd rather not write about that. All you need to know is I don't trust easily so I can't be expected to open up to random people. Sorry I guess...

I almost feel bad for him if the only way he can express himself is through academics. I don't think we should keep discussing Mason behind his back, figuratively speaking of course, seeing as I still don't know who you are.

Were those your footsteps I kept hearing pacing down my dorm hall? I was on a trip. A research company wanted to meet with me about writing research papers. I thought about it before, writing research, but I would never get to express my opinions, it would be all facts, I told them I'd give them a reply by the end of uni. Do you think I did the right thing? I'm hoping an actual publishing company will take interest in me before then, or else I may just take up the offer.

Forever questioning,

Alexandria