11

Derek ran up the trail to the house and saw Rosalie playing with Dean, who was now three years old walking and talking, and reading for some reason.

"Hey, I was going to try to get him to shift with Theo and Stiles, you wanna come." Malia said coming up next to him naked, he didn't mind considering he's done the same after shifting.

"Wouldn't it be a bit intimidating to do that with to many people?" Derek asked handing over is shirt to her.

"Why do you think I didn't ask the pack?" She said rolling her eyes.

"Fair enough. I'll get him and meet you guys in the meadow." Derek said and went inside to get the little guy.

"Give me five more minutes." Rosalie said pleading, with a giant smile on her face.

Sometimes it made Derek feel bad for her, she would never have a child of her own, but he could relate, because as much as Stiles and Malia made him feel like a father, he knows Dean's not his to keep.

"Take your time I have to talk to Carlisle anyways." Derek said walking up the stairs to the doctor.

"Thank you." She said softly and started playing with the child.

"That's a nice thing you did for your sister." Carlisle said smiling from his book.

"What?" Derek said pretending to not know what he was talking about.

"nothing. What did you need, Derek?" He asked putting the book down.

"Is Dean able to shift at this age?"He asked 

"Perhaps, if not, I'd say try when he's five." He said

--

"I cut my foot." Derek heard a tiny voice in his voice say in his head, quickly Derek picked up the cub and ran to the house, of course Stiles' son would be just as clumsy.

Derek held the cub close to his chest, and Dean snuggled into the crook of his neck