Chapter 99: Game Over?

Your POV

I shook my head and focused on confronting this problem. Who was this guy I was holding hands with? Why does he already know me and R͎̰̘̥̈͆̿ͭ́͒y̦̼̟͍̜ͯͨa─▄ͬ▞N? I held his hand tighter as we approached the rest of the crew.

He was panicked and nervous, something I expected to happen. " So, who's this?" Katelyn looked over at the guy curiously. In the midst of Katelyn and everyone else being confused, Kawaii~chan pounced onto him. " It's Kawaii~chan's favorite person of course!"

Fake Zane's expression was shocked, but turned into a devilish grin. " That's right~ How are you doing sweetheart?" Everyone was utterly speechless, especially real Zane who was freaking out in the background.

" Remember the dE_al̮̠͈̗͌ͯ̅ͣ we made?" Impostor Zane whispered something into her ear. Kawaii~chan giggled as she nods her head. Her Caramel eyes turned into a vibrant green; ones filled with envy and anger. They matched Fake Zane's eye color now as they seemed to spiral with an intense color.

" I-Is anyone going to explain to me why the fuck this guy looks exactly like me?" Zane looked startled and paler than he's ever been. " Well, silly, it's because your the impostor~"

Kawaii~chan's voice was ringing in our ears, her amplified screeching more visible than usual. Katelyn and Travis fainted into each others arms and Aaron was protecting Aph from the weird situation. " He's the impostor? kawaii~chan, you have to be kidding me! Look at him!" I pointed in real Zane's direction. " Also, you spelt 'you're' wrong in your dialogue." Cry announced beside me. What was he talking about?

Zane looked so genuinely terrified and confused. So shocked, in fact, he looked like he was going to shit his pants. Fake Zane turned to me and I could've sworn it _glitched- for a moment and I saw his neck snap. When I blinked though, it was gone. I pulled the real Zane behind my back to know where the real one was at. The rest of the crew dispersed down the shore, running away from the psychotic man.

" Y/n, Love, take my hand and join us. I love you, from the bottom of my heart. I've always loved you, since the beginning." Hearing Zane's voice say that, made my mind go blank for a second. I never thought I'd be hearing someone say that, let alone Zane saying that to me. I-It sounded so promising, something sincere.

Maybe we could finally be something that I've only dreamed of. Side by side, hand in hand, being together for as long as we live. Maybe that's what I've wanted all along.. My hands slowly reach towards his outstretch hand.

Cry's POV

When y/n started to stare into that psycho's eyes, I could tell something went wrong. The Real Zane was now next to her instead of behind her, wondering why she hesitated at his words. Fuck, I think I have to do something.

I called y/n's name out, but it didn't seem to work. She's spiraling down the dark abyss, imagining things that he's presenting her. I roll up my sleeves to try to yank her back before her hand finally reached his. " Y/N!! Get yourself together! It's not r̼̝̃ḙ̵̝̝̼̰̔ͥ̂ͩͩ̈̂̚͞ͅảཽ̱̪͙͓̬̚l̷͎ͮ! Whatever he's showing you, it's not real!"

Her eyes blinked rapidly for a moment before she held her head; a splitting headache swarmed her mind. She grumbled before standing on her feet again, most people couldn't survive that signal wave of coding, but she managed to hold back.

" No! It's not real! You aren't the real Zane! You don't love me!" You cried out with a b͙̝͉̦̯͚̑͋ͅr̲̠̫̠̙̼͚̂̂̈͐͑o̵̼̱̻͙̟̯̟͎̊ͬ͒͑ͪͧk͆e͖͍̐ͨn̴̜ͫ̇̌͋ͬ voice. Tears started to well up in your eyes, finally spilling the painful truth. " I know that Zane wouldn't say something as hurtful as that. You're not Zane, you're Terrance."

Your POV

" Oh? What a smart girl my darling is. Such a shame I have competition..." As he continued to monologue, Kawaii~chan held Cry back with a knife to his neck. Cry's arm was pixelating, trailing up his right limb and reaching his torso. Kawaii~chan also had a forceful grip on my wrist, preventing me from saving Zane from his doom.

Terrance brought out a hand held gun, I don't want to mention from where, and aimed it at Zane. Zane was frozen in his spot, unable to move. It was like some invisible force was holding him in place, and it was. " Say Goཽ͉͔͔͇͈̫̲̺ͬ̂ͪo̺͊̀ͯͮ̊̊͡d͕̺̄᷉̾ͤ̑͆͌̆ḇ̢̌̐ͣ⃡͠Ye to my competition Babe."

He pulled the trigger and a loud gunshot could be heard, making everyone but him cover their ears. The splitting noise that made my ears bleed wasn't going to stop me though. I ripped Kawaii~chan's arm away from me and sprinted.

It was like everything was a slow motion movie. I could see the pain and regret in Zane's eyes, the desperate cry of Cry, the cruel expression Terrance held. It was all too much to handle, and I burst into tears. All at once, everything resumed.

A piercing pain shot through my skin. I was crying, but I stood in place. I could hear violent screams and swearing, but I didn't care. A pounding beat filled my deafened ears as I fall to the ground. The pounding beat rapidly but stopped suddenly. A silent ringing engulfed me as I lay on the floor.

My heart stopped.

G̶͓͈̙̝̱͖̫̙̺ͮ͐̒̃͒ͧ͑͐ͫ̋͑̒⃖̈᷉M̛̻̗̌E̹͎̳̥ͩ͢ͅ O̞̯̼ͬ V͙̙̙̻̪̰̪ͩ᷈᷈͒̇̏Ȩ̴̺̼̋͐᷉̇̈̓R̰̱̱̼͛́