Two

Tony POV

Down by the pool, we spotted our targets immediately, and there were still three open spots next to them.

"Hey, it okay if we take these seats?" Liv asked kindly.

"Oh, of course!" the woman said. She spoke so kindly that it was hard to believe that we were after her and her husband for slaughtering children in their homes. Ordinarily, we would've just followed them and arrested them, but they proved too elusive and were always a step ahead of the cops.

"Thank you so much." Liv answered. "I'm Olivia, by the way. This is my brother Anthony and my dad Leroy."

"Nice to meet you, Olivia. I'm Alicia. My husband Theo is grabbing drinks, but he should be back- oh, there he is!" she said. "Theo, come here and meet this lovely family!" I grinned. This was going well.

"Hi, there." Theo said, handing a drink to Alicia. "I'm Theo Lane."

"Olivia O'Keefe." Liv said. "My brother Anthony and and our dad Leroy." Theo extended his hand, and we all shook it. Then Liv, Gibbs, and I all put our stuff down on chairs.

"I'm ready for a swim." I said. "That pool looks wonderful."

"Oh, it is." Alicia said. "We were in earlier, and we're planning on going in later. Although, it's not the best week for me, if you know what I mean." she said, winking at Liv, who laughed.

"I barely escaped that myself." Liv said as she sat down and began taking off her ankle brace, then her knee brace. I looked at Gibbs.

Any idea what they're talking about? I signed. Gibbs just chuckled.

"Oh, what happened?" Alicia asked.

"The leg , the ankle, or the knee?" Liv replied, smiling. Alicia smiled sheepishly.

"All of 'em?"

"Well, the ankle was from falling down the last couple stairs at dad's house." Liv said. "I've had knee problems since I was a teenager, but they're flaring up again. And I had osteosarcoma as a teenager, and I lost my leg. But I got to keep my life, so I'm not too mad."

"Wow." Alicia said. "You're a tough girl, and you only look maybe twenty." Liv smiled.

"I'm actually almost thirty." Liv said, laughing. "Two more months."

"Well you got the lucky bit of the gene pool. Was your mother Irish?"

"Both my parents, actually." I said. "Dad adopted me from an abusive home, same with Anthony." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear. But you made away with gorgeous hair and a beautiful young face."

"Thank you." Liv said, blushing. "Now who wants to jump in?" Liv asked, yanking off her leg unceremoniously.

"But you've only got one leg." I said. "How...?"

"I learned how to swim with one leg." Liv answered simply. "Wanna see?"

"Um, duh." I said. Liv grinned.

"Watch the diving board." Liv said, grinning.

"The div- no. How would you even get up there?" I protested. Liv just smiled and started hopping away. I followed, protesting, all the way to the ladder of the diving board.

"Anthony, just get in the pool and watch." Liv said.

"Fine." I said. "Please be careful." Then I turned and jumped into the pool and swam a little farther from the diving board. I watched as Liv pulled herself up the ladder, her biceps straining as they compensated for the missing leg. Finally, she made it to the top and hopped onto the diving board's end, which made me so nervous. Liv jumped a couple times, then swan-dived into the deep end of the pool perfectly. She came up grinning a couple seconds later.