Three

DiNozzo POV

"Let's hit the pool again, Theo and Alicia are there again." Liv called. She emerged from the surveillance room in her swimsuit and coverup, her backpack slung over her shoulder. "Ready?" she asked.

"Let me grab my shoes." I said.

At the pool, Alicia and Theo spotted us walking over and waved. All three of us waved back.

"So we were thinking," Alicia said as we walked up, "How would you like to come to our hotel room for dinner? I've been wanting lasagna, and I haven't found a restaurant here to get it."

"I love lasagna." Liv said, grinning. She turned back to me and Gibbs. "Can we, Dad?" she asked. Gibbs thought for a moment, then nodded.

"We'd love to, Alicia, thank you. What time?" Gibbs said.

"How about four-thirty?" Alicia asked.

"Sounds great." Gibbs said. Liv sat down and started to take her knee brace off, then her ankle brace.

"Who's ready for a swim?" she asked. I dropped my bag next to hers.

"This time, you're watching me dive." I said. "You're goin' down." Liv just grinned, yanked off her prosthetic, hopped a few steps, and dove gracefully into the deep end of the pool. She popped up a few moments later, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Alright, I'm watching." she called. I ran to the diving board and pulled myself up the ladder. Liv was watching expectantly as I peeked over the edge of the board. I jumped a few times, then pulled myself into a cannonball.

"CANNONBALL!" I cried as I plummeted to the water. I heard Liv laughing as I splashed into the pool. I came up to the surface to a giggling Liv who could barely keep herself afloat, she was laughing so hard. I swam over to her and grabbed her, helping keep her above water until she calmed down.

"Thanks, big bro." she said gratefully after she stopped laughing.

"No problem, little sis." I said, earning a grin from Liv.

"Y'know, I'm glad you let me sleep." Liv said. "I needed it."

"I hadn't woken up too long before you myself." I said. "Dad, of course, had been up since the sun." I said. "That man never ceases to amaze me."

"I'm usually up around the same time. I've done it most days since he adopted me." Liv said.

"That's sweet." I said.

"Wanna go grab a snack?" Liv asked. "I didn't eat breakfast."

"Sure, but we've got dinner in two hours, remember." I said.

"Yeah, but that's not for two hours." Liv said. "I'm hungry now." I laughed.

"That sounds like you." I said.

Sitting at the counter waiting for sandwiches, Liv and I had time to talk.

"I still can't believe you learned Irish." Liv said.

"I'd do just about anything to make you happy." I said. "I mean it." Liv smiled and leaned into me. A couple minutes later, our sandwiches and drinks were put in front of us and Liv's face lit up like a Christmas tree. Her sandwich and soda were gone in minutes. "Geez, Liv, the leg you got left must be hollow." I said. Liv grinned, mustard on her chin. "You got something right... here." I said, stealing Liv's napkin to wipe the mustard off.

"Thanks." Liv said, giggling. I finished my food quickly, and we went back to Gibbs and the Lanes, who were chatting amicably.

"Hey, why don't we head to the hotel room to get ready?" Liv said. "I'm gonna need a little time."