Five

Ziva POV

"I want to propose to Delilah." Tim said.

"Oh, Tim, that's great!" I said. "When?"

"It'll be after you three are better, obviously." Tim said. "I want to propose in our home city, and I want you guys to be there to celebrate."

"Tim, don't wait til we're all better. Just wait until we're home. I can celebrate in a wheelchair." Liv said. Tim smiled.

"Are you sure?" Tim asked worriedly.

"Tim, you can't sit on this until we're well. We're all going to be in wheelchairs for a couple months, probably." Liv said. "Do it when we get home."

"Really?" Tim asked.

"Really, Tim." Gibbs said. "We'll all be there for you, even in wheelchairs."

"Thank you." Tim said.

Over the next few hours, we waited for Delilah. A nurse came in at one point to change everybody's bandages. She kicked all the guys out to the other side of the room and closed the curtain. Liv, Abby, and I were left.

"This isn't going to feel good." the nurse warned.

"Can't feel worse than getting all these." Liv said. Abby and I stood on Liv's right, holding her hand, while the nurse cleaned all the wounds and reapplied bandages. Liv squeezed my hand so hard I thought she was going to crush it.

Finally, the nurse finished, and Liv took a deep breath.

"We're done, sweetheart." the nurse said. Liv tried to steady her breathing.

"It's alright, she's done." Abby said softly.

"I'll let the boys back in here now." the nurse said. When she gestured for the guys to come back, Sean was the first in, Liv's brothers on his heels.

"You good, hon?" Sean asked. Liv nodded, smiling up at him.

"I'm fine, don't worry." she assured him. After about ten minutes, the nurse finished with Tony and Gibbs and pulled the divider back. Almost immediately after the nurse left, a doctor came in.

"If you're feeling strong enough, we'll airlift you to Bethesda in a few days." he said. "Sound good?"

Liv, Gibbs, and Tony all nodded. I pulled out my phone to text Delilah.

Hey, you still want to fly down? They're airlifting them back in a few days. I told Delilah.

Delilah's immediate response was, of course, I'm not waiting another few days. It's been weeks.

Alright, see you in a few hours. I replied, then slipped my phone back in my pocket.

When I looked up again, the doctor had slipped out.

A couple hours later, Delilah texted me that she had landed.

"Delilah should be here within the hour!" I said.

Sure enough, half an hour later, Delilah came rolling in.

"Hey. guys!" she said. I walked over to give her a kiss and take a bag from her. "I come bearing gifts! Tim, wanna hand stuff out?" I obliged. "I brought Liv a little stuffed puppy, Tony gets a bear, and Gibbs gets a little donkey."

"A donkey?" Liv asked.

"I know, kind of a weird animal to have as a stuffed animal in a hospital gift shop, but it's perfect for Mister Stubborn over there." Delilah said, earning a chuckle from Gibbs. "So how's everybody feeling?" she asked.