Egyptian Magic

Marlie scrambled out, as she was sleeping and didn't realize the car stopped until a few seconds after Alicia got out the car.

Abbie bit her lip again and examined the people, looking to see if they looked like they would be a demigod or a Sphinx.

"Trying to look inconspicuous, but we're literally holding weapons that could get us arrested." Alicia mumbled.

"Just pretend they're cosplay." Abbie said quietly, hearing Alicia.

"If someone asked to hold it then what? And wait, rightfully I'm the only one who can actually get arrested."

"Then tell them no. That's a word, you know. Make up some excuse why."

"I can't think of lies on the spot!"

"Get in character and act crazy? I don't know."

"Oh well." Alicia walked toward the main area, where there was a statue of sorts.

Abbie walked around, watching carefully. The statue's head went flying and hit Alicia in the head from behind, as she was looking at something else. Abbie gasped and ran over to her, letting Alicia lean on her as she was swaying.

"Are you alright?"

"I've been hit with a flying piece of rock about 100 pounds. What do you think?" Alicia's voice was slurred and unrecognizable, but Abbie understood. She looked back in the direction of the statue, but there wasn't anything that was visible.

"Ugh... Let's get you back to the car, alright?"

"Mmmm.. Dunno how well that'll turn out."

"Lean on me as much as needed."

"I can barely keep my head up, on top of that I feel paralyzed."

Abbie looked around. "I can't think of anything else, other than dragging you, and I don't want to do that."

"Well, you could try to carry me, but if I need to be dragged, fine by me."

"Um... I'll just drag you."

Abbie started getting her to the car, reluctantly dragging her there. After a little while of dragging, Abbie got Alicia to the car.

"We're kinda stuck here, unless you want to try to drive."

"No, I'm going to look around more." Abbie put her bookbag in the passenger's seat, grabbing the cloak. "Make some noise if you get in trouble." She said, putting her cloak on, then running back into the park.

"Okay..." Alicia said, a little too late.

Abbie kept looking in the park, the cloak soft on her back, keeping the hood down. She didn't see anything that could lift 100 pounds, much less throw that much. A stick was thrown at Abbie's direction. Abbie sidestepped, the stick passing her. She looked back.

"Foolish child." A disembodied voice said, sounding like an echo.

Abbie looked around, trying to find where the voice was coming from. "And who are you, might I ask?"

"My name is not important."

"But it is."

"I'm whatever you want me to be."

"Go on."

"Why are you here, exactly?"

"Classified info. Why are YOU here?"

"I exist, I am not anywhere."

"Jeez... Talk about deep." She mumbled. "So why are you trying to stop us?"