Chapter 1

It was a cold, winter Friday in London; Tiffany says bye to her best friend Brittany as she leaves their dorm room to walk to her favorite store. The vinyl shop three blocks away from her college campus.

It was a tradition that every Friday she would buy a new record. There was something about the world she was in when listening to her vinyl that always brought her back to buy more.

She walks the three blocks, hugging her coat closer to her to stay warm.

She enters the shop, with a ding from the bell on the door, the smell of musk and grease entering her nostrils. She smiles to herself because that is another reason she loves vinyl so much.

She catches the eye of the male worker behind the counter not realizing that another employee, a young lady walked up beside her.

"Good morning, do you need help finding anything in particular," the young woman asks.

"No just browsing today," Tiffany looks at the lady's name tag, "Stacy," she says shyly.

"Let me know if you need anything," Stacy says walking back to arrange the vinyl she was working on when Tiffany walked in.

As Tiffany walks to the rock section, she notices the young male with curly brown hair was staring at her.

She looks around in the vinyl in the rock section and finds the one she wants. When she walks up to the counter to pay for it, the young male tells her the price, and she hands him the money.

She walks out of the store pulling out her phone to text Brittany.

Tiffany: Hey meet me at the coffee shop in 5 minutes.

Brittany: Alright. I'm leaving now.

Tiffany: See you then.

Brittany leaves their dorm on the way to meet Tiffany at the cafe. She is texting Tiffany back when she accidentally ran into someone.

She falls back onto the sidewalk. She looks up and sees someone familiar, but she doesn't know where from.

The strangely familiar man helps her up and mumbles his apologies until his eyes meet hers.

She locked eyes with him and says, "I know where I know you from."

"You know who I am," he asks smiling.

"Of course I do, you are Niall Horan," she says looking at the ground.

"I figured since you weren't freaked out that you may not have known who I was," Niall says trying to look in her eyes.

"Oh yeah, you must get that a lot," she says looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

Niall smiles, "all the time."

"Well, I better get to the cafe, my friend might be wondering where I am," she says about to walk away.

Niall reaches for her hand, "Wait, what is your name?"

She turns to face him, "Oh, it's Brittany."

" Beautiful name for a cute girl," Niall says while he winks, "what's your number?"

She blushes while saying, "hand me your phone and I'll put it in, and you can text me."

He gives her his phone and her types in a new contact. She hands him his phone back and says goodbye and walks toward the cafe to meet Tiffany.

When she gets to the cafe, Tiffany is sitting in the booth in the back corner, right next to a window.

That is her favorite place to sit because no one bothers her back there. Brittany walks to where Tiffany is seated.

When Brittany got over to her, she asks, "did you order yet?"

Tiffany replies, "no can you please get my usual?"

Brittany nods her head and walks to the counter to order. She knew that Tiffany was very shy and never pushed her to talk to anyone.

One thing Brittany didn't understand was how did Tiffany manage to go to the vinyl store all the time without her speaking for Tiffany.

I mean if she can't order at a coffee shop how did she have the courage to buy music. When Brittany got in line, she noticed something different about Tiffany.

Since three weeks ago Tiffany has had a sparkle in her eyes like she saw something and she wanted it.

She didn't know if she was going to ask Tiffany about it. Was it a boy she thought. No, she is too shy for that. Brittany didn't' know that it, in fact, was a kid.

A cute curly hair boy named Harry. When she got in line, she ordered the usual, water for her and caramel frappe for Tiffany.

When she got back to Tiffany, the question still lingered. Why does she look so happy?

Brittany sat down across from Tiffany, "can I ask you a question?"

Tiffany looks up at Brittany, "sure."

"Why have you looked so happy lately," Brittany asks still wondering why.

Tiffany looks at Brittany confused, "what do you mean?"

Brittany starts explaining what she meant saying, "well three weeks ago after you visited the vinyl store you have been looking delighted like there is something there you like. What is it?"

In Tiffany's mind, she wonders if she should tell Brittany about the cute cashier she would never date.

She figured the guy was a stuck up boy who would break her heart but what she didn't know was he was just like her shy and scared of the world, but she knew Brittany wouldn't let up until she answers her.

Tiffany finally answers Brittany's question saying, "well a boy started working there three weeks ago and he's charming."

Brittany smiles, happy for Tiffany; she asks, "what does he look like?"

Tiffany blushes and looks down, "he has brown, curly hair and green eyes and his name tag say Harry."

"Do you like him," Brittany asks.

Tiffany answers shyly, "maybe but he seems like the stuck up type, and I don't want to get hurt."

It always made Brittany sad when Tiffany would say that. Tiffany would see a boy and like them but, she always found an excuse of why she won't try and this time.

Brittany wasn't going to let it happen. In her heart, she had a gut feeling this boy was something that Tiffany needed.

The boy Tiffany dreams of. She didn't know that the boy she ran into today, Niall, was something that would change their lives completely.

Tiffany changes the conversation, "well I saw you ran into a boy out there. Was he cute?"

"Yeah, he was charming." Brittany says smiling, "He is famous too."

Tiffany smiles, "who was it?"

"Niall from One Direction," Brittany says looking at her phone that just went off.

"That's so cool." Tiffany says taking a sip of her caramel frappe, "what happened?"

Brittany blushes, "he called me cute and asked for my number!"

Tiffany smiles at Brittany, "I am very happy for you."

Brittany smiles, "Thank you; I don't just like him because he is famous though. Please remember that."

"I will," Tiffany says looking at the table.

Tiffany was happy for Brittany but also jealous. Tiffany always had a question at the back of her mind. Why couldn't she get a guy like that?