twenty-nine ✽ truth or dare

Jonah Marais

idea credited to @_brianna_sherrill_

A voice that I've heard all over social media for years screams through the Team 10 house.

I smile to myself, realizing I'm going to meet Logan Paul today.

"What's up?!" Logan yells.

He enters the main room, vlog camera in hand.

"Here's baby brother Jake," he shrieks, smacking hands with his sibling. He will no doubt add a loud slap sound effect to it later on while editing.

I'm extremely surprised when five teenaged boys follow him in.

After a second of pondering, I remember them to be the Why Don't We boys. Logan reached out to them after attending one of their concerts and they hang out together all the time now.

I don't recall his name, but the tallest one standing in the back of the group locks eyes with me. I look away, praying he doesn't notice my face flushing red.

"Yo, bro, I hope it's alright if the boys hang out here while we record," Logan says to Jake. He then flips the camera around, talking to his audience.

"Record what?! You're gonna have to wait and see! Yaa YEET!" he shouts.

I have to hold back a laugh at how fired up he is during literally every second of the day.

"Yeah, the boys hanging out is fine. Everyone else in the house is out right now, so feel free to do whatever," Jake tells the boys.

I'm hoping that he doesn't remember that I'm here, but his eyes flick around the room and he spots me sitting on the floor against the wall.

"(y/n), come here! Wow, I feel like a total jerk for not introducing you yet."

I'm hesitant in standing up, feeling the eyes of the tall - and very hot - stranger watching my every movement.

"Come on! Get up and over here!" he says, waving me over.

I rise and make my way over to the younger Paul brother.

"Logan, boys, this is (y/n) (y/l/n)."

I send them all a closed smile and raise my hand in greeting.

Dang, why are you so awkward?

"(y/n), this is my older brother Logan."

I nod, even though I already know.

"And then you've got Daniel, Jack, Corbyn, Zach, and Jonah," he recites, pointing to each as he goes along.

Jonah.

The boy grins at me when I make eye contact. Just like before, I look away, flustered.

"I pretty much made the team leave so that she could look around the house in a calm environment and see if she wants to join our little family," Jake says.

The boys nod, understanding why I'm here, before Logan reminds his brother that they need to get a move on with recording the video they have planned together. Jake agrees and they move to the backyard. Logan pauses in the doorway and yells, "Yo, (y/n)?"