Guilt

Ansh was sitting on the edge of the bed quietly with his head low and tears forming in his eyes. This time there was no cricket bat in his hand or ball or any sort of toy which could have been a danger to the show pieces in OM. Only him and his thoughts. He could hear faint footsteps becoming louder and louder which meant someone was coming to his room. He hastily got up and started pretending that he was playing with his toys so he didn't have to give any explanations to anyone what he was feeling.

Pinky: Ansh beta! What are you doing? Still playing with your toys and not getting ready for school? You need to leave in half an hour. Come on, stop playing with those toys.

Pinky heard no reply from him and knew he was looking down to avoid her questions. She bent down and gently held his chin and moved it towards her, although he did not maintain any eye contact with her.

Pinky: What is it? I know something is troubling you and you won't spill it out. Did something happen at school? Did someone bully my Ansh Singh Oberoi? If anyone did anything to you I will do theirs Oh My Matas!

(By the way I am not putting any Pinky accent into this because almost everything everyone is saying is in Hindi and I have translated it to English)

Ansh: No dadi, no one did anythin to me. Please go. I just don't want to go to school today.

Pinky: Why don't you just not want to go today? Education is extremely vital. Is it your birthday that you not want to go to school? No right. So get up and get ready.

Pinky stood up and went to get his bag when Ansh spoke up finally.

Ansh: But it's father's day.

Pinky let go of his bag and went numb with tears ready to flow out of her eyes.

Ansh: And my dad; everyone is going to make fun of me and tease about my dad. What will I say to them? Everyone's dad's are going to come, except for mine. Why did I have to be punished when it's all papa's fault.

Ansh started sobbing and Pinky rushed to him and gave a bone crushing hug while comforting him by patting on the back.

Pinky: Shh... It's no one's fault. Your dad is Shivaay Singh Oberoi and you are Ansh Singh Oberoi and no one can dare to even touch you until he is alive.  Also until Pinky Singh Oberoi is alive, no can do your Oh My Mata's. Only I have the right to. Come on, get up now.

Ansh: First tell him to get up.

******

In the corridor of OM....

Anika hastily walked towards the exit of OM, checking in her 'chikni' bag whether she had all the files or not. She went past a few rooms, but as soon as that room came, Anika's feet came to a halt. Even they knew, Anika would never ever in her dreams forget about going to this room every morning, before she started her very busy day. By busy, it means Anika was technically a workaholic now. The moment she stepped out of Oberoi Mansion, her paper work, deals, phone calls and meetings had started until 10 at night. Due to this, she felt guilty about not being able to give enough attention to Ansh that he needs like a normal 5 year old. But to distract herself and not be reminded of him every moment of her life, she had to do this. 

Anika slowly gathered the strength to enter the room to see a Shivaay angelically laying in bed in his white kurta. The machines and breathing system around him and a nose tube (nose cannula) which helped him breath and lifelessly survive gave it away that he was in coma. Anika walked over to Shivaay and sat next to him on the bed, gripping onto his hand, as if trying to gather strength from it. She examined his pale face and wished with all her heart for him to open his kanji eyes. Anika was not only feeling extremely helpless but also very guilty of leaving him alone at the time he needed her the most. She was guilty of leaving him alone. Guilty of not trusting him. Guilty of being selfish. Guilty of not understanding. Guilty of hurting him. Guilty of being the reason he was here, lifelessly sleeping. 

She bent down and placed a few tender kisses in his hair and setting it back the way SSO liked it; even in his deep sleep. It made her chuckle and relieve some of their memories. Although the one memory she could never be proud or happy of was his accident news.