Chapter Ten : Save

Cross was beginning to worry as he paced back and forth.
   "CROSS! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!" Mia shouted from the other side of the door, relief washed of him, it was short lived, he sighed opening the door, seeing Mia and Ink looking at their creation, it was simplistic, only being a blue jacket, basketball shorts and, a pair of pink slippers. "Get changed and I'll do you...*ahem*...makeup." Cross nodded as the two left the room, he got changed and slipped the heart locket under his shirt to protect it.
   "Alright Mia."
   "Great, sit in the chair."

   ~Time Skip to being in NM's castle~
(Dream and Mia already knocked Killer out so Cross wouldn't have to deal with him, I just didn't want to write that cuz I'm lazy at times)

   Cross slowly walked down the dark halls, he remembered them fairly well, none-the-less he went to the cells.

   ...nothing...

   (y/n) wasn't in one of the cells but on of the doors was open, he looked in, what he saw horrified him, the walls were blood stained.
"The infirmary." He muttered, picking up his pace.
"Killer there you are!" Cross turned on his heels to see Horror glaring him down with his one red eye.
"Sorry." Cross said in the best (worst. Cross: rude) Killer impression he could do.
"Come on we still have to fix that kid." Horror said.
"Right."
'Please be okay (y/n).' Cross thought as he followed Horror, they arrived at the infirmary, Cross peered past Horror's shoulder and sure enough (y/n) was laying on the table.
"She's not bleeding anymore, no thanks to you." Horror said.
"Sorry about this Horror." Cross said slightly reluctantly.
"Wha-." Cross cut him off by hit Horror over the head with a frying pan.
"Alright, it's time to take what's mine." He muttered. (I'm still getting yandere vibes, dang I need to stop playing yandere simulator)

"Alright Cross has her, now to be idiots." Mia said, hitting the play button on the boom box. (It's playing death by glamour by the way)

   ~One really stupid idea and even stupider dance later~

   "I think she's in a comma." Mia finally said after looking over (y/n).
   "She be okay right?" Blue asked.
   "We just have to wait." Ink said, as he and everyone left, leaving Cross with (y/n)'s shallow breathing body.
"(y/n)...I can't lose you too, please." He whispered, before leaving the room as well.

It's been days, he hasn't eaten in days, he refuses, he won't leave (y/n), if she dies, he'll die to, we can't afford that.

"(y/n) please come back!" Cross screamed out.
   "I'm coming for you Cross!" (y/n) shouted, she jumped off the cliff and fell for what felt like an eternity before she felt something fluffy touch her. She looked up seeing the tear stained face of Cross, she hugged him tight not wanting to ever let go again.
   "(y-y/n)?" He asked.
   "Hey." (y/n) replied.
   "You're alright!" He shouted, enveloping her in a large hug.
   "Can't breath." She squeaked.
   "Heh sorry."
   "I HEARD A SHOUT ARE YOU OKAY CROSS!?" Mia shouted.
   "Yes! She's awake!" Cross shouted back.
   "SHE IS!? DREAM! INK! BLUE!" Mia continued shouting other things but Cross and (y/n) ignored her.
   "So what happened while I was out?" (y/n) asked.
   "Let's see, Mia shouted at many AU's, Blue made far to many tacos, Ink paint slapped Error, Dream had a strange dream and, I-." He stopped hearing his stomach growl. "Haven't eaten in day."
   "You sack of bones, get something to eat!" She said, hearing her stomach growl too. "And me something to eat as well."
   "Heh, sure thing." Next thing (y/n) knew was she was being tackle-hugged by Mia.
   "I was so worried! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!" Mia shouted, punching (y/n) in the arm.
   "Mia calm down she still might be hurt." Ink said, being slightly mature like always.
   "Mweh! This calls for a celebration! I'll make tacos!" And with that the small blue skeleton left the room.
"So Dream I heard you a strange dream was it dreamy?" (y/n) said.
"If you're trying to go where you are going don't. you. dare." Mia said.
"Because if so, then that's-." Mia swiftly put her hand over (y/n)'s mouth to stop her from finishing her sentence.
"That was improper grammar (y/n), you never start a sentence with because." Mia corrected her friend and removed her hand. (I start sentences with because all the time, sue me)
"Ha ha ha, Mia." (y/n) replied.
"Hey I'll be here your whole life." Mia said, doing gun fingers and moon walking out the room. (Wth did I just write?)
"I have no idea what just happened." Ink said.
"Alright why is Mia moon waking...*ahem* why was Mia moon walking down the hall?" Cross asked, coming back to the room with to plates of food, one has (f/f) while the other had three tacos on it.
   "She's Mia." (y/n) replied, Ink and Dream nodded to each other (like their in a cult or something and they have a secret language, alright I'm done) before exiting the room leaving a very confused Cross and a less confused (y/n). "Whelp that happened."
"Yeah." Cross said, handing her the plate of food, to which she happily dug into.
"Huh, I guess I guessed right." He said, taking a large bit out of his taco.
She nodded, "Yup! This is my favorite food!"
"Hmm." He looked, a bit lost in thought so (y/n) created a plan to mess with him.

After they were done eating (y/n) pulled her 'little prank' on Cross.
"Y'know Cross while I was out I heard everything you said." She lied, she didn't hear anything other then his pleads for her to wake up, a purple hue brushed its self across his checks making (y/n) slightly confused.
"It's true." He finally said, hugging (y/n) tightly making she yelp in surprise. "So then do you..."
"I do." She had no idea what she just agreed to, she could have just agreed to be given to Horror to make a head-dog out of her, for goodness sakes! Cross didn't say a thing, he only nuzzled into her neck. "Whatcha doing?"
"You have no idea what I said while you were out, do you?" He asked, releasing her from the hug.
"You caught be there." She said.
"Of course, why else would you say yes." He looked down at his feet before back at (y/n), he looked saddened by something, she glared at him for a moment before grabbing his skull and pulling his towards her.
"How do you know for sure?"
"Because you just wouldn't."
"Try me." He shook his head and looked at his feet again. "Dang it Cross! Just tell me!"
"Fine...IlikeyounokaybutIdontknowifyoulllkkemebackImsorry." He said quickly.
   "Say it slower dang it."
He paused for a moment, before speaking, "I promised you I'd protect you, you reminded me of an old friend but as time pasted and you were taken...my feelings changed...so what I'm trying to say is..." He trailed off, she knew what he meant but why would he love someone like her, the girl who can't 'feel' properly, the girl who gets everyone around her hurt.
"You don't mean it Cross...I know you don't." She replied blankly.
"No I do!" He grabbed her hand holding it tight.
"No you don't! Don't you get it I can't 'feel' like you do! I fake everything! Don't you realize I don't have a soul!"
"Then we can get you a soul cap-."
"It won't help! I've never had a soul! You have to have had a soul before you have a soul capable, why do you think I don't have one!?"
"We can work through this, (y/n) please!"
"We can't, you don't love me, you're just a confused monster, you hate me, they are easily confused." (y/n) pulled her hand away, she was done with this conversation and Cross.
"(y/n) please." Cross said, tears streaming down his face, something pinged in her, sadness? What was she feeling, she didn't like it, wrapping her arms around Cross she sighed.
"Don't cry over me, cry for someone important."
"You are important, to me." Cross hid his face his (y/n) neck.
"Cross..." (y/n) stopped seeing a light lilac color emitting from her chest. "What?" A small lilac soul appeared in front of her, it went into her chest creating a burning sensation. A wave over emotions washed over (y/n) as Cross hugged her tighter.
"Love." She whispered, Cross looked up at her as she wiped away his tears. The small soul appeared in front of (y/n) along with Cross' proper soul (not the soul capsule).
"That soul." He looked at it carefully before looking at his own. "Your soul?"
"Apparently." (y/n) said, holding her soul in her hands. "The lilac soul, the soul of love."
"I've never seen that trait before."
"Love, one of the strongest and weakest traits, it can help other traits like DETERMINATION while it can become easily destroyed by hate."
"I would never let you be destroyed." Cross said, pulling (y/n) into a hug which turned into a kiss, she stiffened up before kissing back after a moment or two.

A/N : woh! I didn't take me that long to make this chapter (surprisingly) I'll make another little chapter that will explain the soul of love and don't worry we still have a TON of time before the ending which I've decided to make sad cuz I'm a bad person.

I hate my braces by the way